M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,
Just blundered onto the forum and wanted to buy some spare parts, so I registered.
I own an early Springfield M1A, bought it in 1978. I recently replaced the USGI wood stock with USGI Fiberglass.
I was "School Trained" as an Armorer in 1973 at Aberdeen Proving Grounds MD and the course included the M14 so I'm pretty comfortable doing basic stuff. We (the Army guys and we Marines) were trained up to "Depot Level"; the only further course in those days was the 2112 MOS (USMC) for the guys who worked in the shop at Quantico.
The course DID teach me that bolt tools are the way to go! I have stripped bolts "by hand" with just the combination tool but since I got a bolt tool, I don't plan on having to do that again.

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,638 Posts
Welcome aboard Boat Guy, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome aboard and have yourself a great week neighbor. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you Sir.

DI5

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Welcome from MN.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts