M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
I am not a lawyer - If you just want a picture - right mouse click and save it... Now if you want to use the pic for $$$$ reason.... Then I really do not know about those issues, buy by right mouse clicking - you can save most any pic to your hard drive...

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Don't think there is such a thing. There never was a 'patent' on the M-14 since it's design was bought and paid for the US government and taxpayers.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:D Absolutely100% Correct M14E2 :!: :arm37:

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I needed that......

I just wanted an image of something meaningful to put on property labels and/or business cards - no, I don't have a business - they are more a personal information card. I just enjoy the heartwarming image of a magazine fed, air cooled, shoulder fired conflict resolution device - AKA: a target rifle - to look at. Again, thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
M14E2, I think what MrUREasy is talking about is an image of the m14, ie. photograph, drawing, illustration, etc., which could be copyrighted. He can get in trouble for using a copyrighted image on a business card.

Try doing a web search for "royalty free stock photo" or start here:
http://www.istockphoto.com/
and do a search for "M14" or "M1A"

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Heck, there's no issue with using a rifle in a business card. I took the photo myself and cropped it for use on my card here. It's a Ljungman, btw.

Take the photo yourself digitally, put it into a photo editing program and build your card. Then take it to a printer and they'll clean it up for you. Piece 'o cake.

Rome

(PS The next batch will have an M1a...promise!)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Skills? I'm sometimes embarassed to be amongst the "old timers" at my club but I try to hold my own. That's my "hobby card". I do a few "lectures" each year and take my fairly large collection of semi-autos with me into the public. (Yes I have help. Moving all that hardware is a royal pain) I talk about the development of rifearms and the rise and fall of the semi-auto MBR in particular. At the end, I invite all the listeners to come up and handle anything they'd like. They get a real thrill handling authentic rifles that actually shoot unlike a museum where everything is hands-off and behind glass. I've even given one lecture in the town library! (Liberal librarian but very open minded and actually a very nice guy!) The card helps to give people someone to call if they find something that they want to get rid of or if anyone wants to obtain their pistol license. I also work with the Scouts. It's nothing, really.

But to your point, building a card like that isn't hard and I wished I owned my M14 at the time but didn't. The next batch will have it on there. At least I didn't use the M16! Just take the photo against a white background. It'll make it easier to cut out.

Rome

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nope.....but I had to be very good growing up! We share the same name, actually, but he uses an "N" in his. Some of my family does too. But I can tell you stories of what it was like being a broker for 15 years before I started my current business. A lot of people would think I was fooling around with them when I introduced myself. I used that to my advantage!

R

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.