M14 Forum banner

no more lurking

1K views 23 replies 22 participants last post by  m1sniper 
#1 ·
I'm new to the list (as far as signing on) but have been reading it for six years and it spured me into buying an M1A National Match 5 years ago. I'm the VP of a local Fish and Game club (with 320 members) and we hold precision rifle shoots, trap shooting, pistol range, archery course over 5 acres, and a decent club house to rent for functions. I'm becoming more retired now as I approach 70, so there's time to ask questions and post some of my answers when I have decent input. I've run a welding and blacksmithing shop for 58 years and have done machine work, millwright work, and a lot of rigging on many of the projects I've built over the years. As a boy I ran the trap range at a local shooting range and did all the reloading for the club - to earn money for my first car........so that puts me reloading for about 50 years and I have gotten back into it heavily recently for shotgun, pistol, and rifle. I've enjoyed the threads on reloading, great primer, powder, and pill combinations I've seen posted over the years here and look forward to sharing some of the combinations that are working for me more recently in our precision shoots.
Ralph Sproul - Bear Hill Blacksmith
www.bearhillblacskmith.com

#2 ·
Welcome on board Ralph, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome on board and have yourself a great week. I hope that you can keep reading the forum for six more years.

#9 ·
Op! I second M1Army's comments for sure

#23 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes to the forum!

Rocknut - in my introduction I listed my web site for the blacksmithing - if you've got any questions, send me an e-mail and I'd be glad to answer questions you've got. I'm more of a decorative and industrial parts making smith - don't do much knife work (I call em Edgeheads).........just a couple folders to teach my grandsons how to make their first knife, and one fellow who's a knifemaker friend helped me make an integral tang chef's knife a couple years ago - confirming I won't be doing that for a living any time soon!

Boomerpusher - on the shotgun reloading - send me an e-mail and I can run thru my approach for you. I think Hornady bought out the Pacific company - so we've got a similar progressive of sorts.

Ralph

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.