M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I bought 3 what appear to be genuine USGI 20 rd magazine at a local gunshow yesterday. All 3 were sealed in vanilla/off-white color canvas bag, they were press sealed when I tear one open inside looks like alumnium foil, on the outside it marked 1006-628-9048-B053 Magazine Assy For Rifle 7.62mm M14 9/70 Daag-111-42 Ominc-A7 and on the other side marked: Mil-B-131E Class1 and 2 RAP Industries, Inc FR 2160 Aug 1970 and I checked there were no marking on the magazine itself. I don't know what to make of it. Do you guys think they are USGI magazine? :?:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
;) They are Marked, look in the area in the Picture, rub a little Oil there and then look closely! ;)

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:D Use Reading Glasses or a Magnifying Glass under good Light, If they are GI they are marked, if they are not marked they are not GI no matter what the Wrapper says, All US GI Magazines are Stamped with no Exeptions! :!: :!: :!:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would look on the spine of the mag but look about 1 1/2 inches up from the base. I have some Winchesters that are marked these but the "W" is faint on two of them. Almost didn't see it at first but it is there. I will see if I can get a picture this weekend and post it. 8O

·
Registered
66 Posts
Manufacturer's Markings on M14 Magazines

I never paid much attention to the markings on my magazines. However, now that the subject came up, who manufactured the mags with the letters BRW with S1 underneath or a magazine with a large K with a smaller M on top of the K and a T on the side of the K with two very, very small letters or numbers underneath the K.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:D The BRW-S1 Is Borg Warner Spring Div. The KMT is Kileen Machine and Tool ;)

·
Banned
509 Posts
M14 mags in blue plastic

I have obtained some new USGI mags in blue plastic wrapping any idea wh they might be making them for the govt now? I have havent opened any of them but the do have a govt label with cage number on them

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:mad: The New ones made in the 90s are made by CMI, Check Mate Inc! I am told that they are not the Quality of the old GI ones but I have no Personal Experience with them. :?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi guys, I went out bought a magnifying glass checked all 3 of my M14 mags. Man, I been had! No marking on all 3 supposably USGI 20rd mags. After I read Bill Ricca's post on Sportsman Guide's faking GI wrapping I think mine are not USGI because the wrapping look exactly like Sportsman Guide's. But, all 3 work fine not a single problem! I paid $40 ea for those mag thinking they are the real USGI mag! Do you guys think they might be Taiwan T56 mags? Guys, next time when you buy mags at gunshow just be extra careful! Thanks for all your helps!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Trung Si said:
:D Use Reading Glasses or a Magnifying Glass under good Light, If they are GI they are marked, if they are not marked they are not GI no matter what the Wrapper says, All US GI Magazines are Stamped with no Exeptions! :!: :!: :!:
I beg to differ Trung. Not all USGI mags were marked. I've had one for many years that is definately USGI with no marking. There were several posts over at the old pre-AMBACK forum (man, I already forgot the name of the old forum) discussing this. Perhaps a search at AMBACK will help.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Bill Ricca speaks of unmarked mags years ago. Today, tho, I would perfer them to be marked, to be sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.