M14 Forum banner

NM Trigger groups.

937 11
Just wondering where I can purchase a NM trigger set(2 stage?) for my Polytech M14. And would this be a drop in replacement?

Thanks.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
572 Posts
Me, fulton armory, I beleive Warbird can do one in a hurry for you, smith enterprise.

Just to name a few. :D

About any of the reputable smiths can do it on yours or provide one for you.

Yes it is a pretty much drop in replacement. I kinda prefer to fit them to the rifle but it is not completely necessary. It helps though.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Aloha Timanator:

I agree with Dan, and would send your trigger group to or buy one from Warbird to get NM conditioned. His price and turnaround is outstanding!

Send Warbird a PM, he usually always responds quickly... he will let you know how his workload is and whether he can help out.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays!

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dan, and thanks again Tom.

So am I correct it making the assumption that the NM trigger group is not a 2 stage but a modified stock trigger group? My friends SA NM rifle feels like a 2 stage, it has a first stage take up and then a higher effort break at the end.

·
Banned
572 Posts
They are all 2 stage just the NM mods done to a m14 trigger make it break cleaner, eliminate creep, polish all the needed parts, and reduce the 2nd stage breaking weight to about 4.5 pounds. It is best done to a well used trigger. Lots of reasons for that.

·
Banned
572 Posts
And Warbird can probably beat me on turnaround right now for a trigger job. I get mine as I need them from LRB and don't normally stock them. I can discuss prices privately but really I am sure Warbird can do it faster if you are in a hurry. My turn around is nearing 3 weeks as it is right now. I am still a weekend gunsmith. He's full time. If you don't mind a short wait you can email me though OK.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Is something wrong with your Polytech trigger group? Warbird may be able to match tune your Chicom unit and save you some bread.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
hey timanator,
i had my local m14 smith do a nm job on my poly trigger group and it is the cleanest,crispest 4 1/2# pull i have ever felt.the only thing i did was replace the hammer with a gi one.i read somewhere that chicom hammers can be a little soft ???.other than that the chicom's are fine and will tune very well.i agree with above posts,have warbird so a nm job on it.....good luck..glock

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Well, I guess I should chime in here.
Just came in from the shop working on a prototype (of something) that I'm unvieling soon (1 Jan. 2005). :mrgreen:

I can tune the chinese trigger group.
They need to have the hammer, hammer pin and trigger pin replaced to achieve a good NM trigger pull.
That would insure a correct fit to your rifle as well. ;)

I've been busy here trying to play catch up (end of year things) and getting some of these prototypes done.
Oh, did I mention all the last minute meetings with other companies. :roll:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.