M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such a beast? I've got a new USGI oprod guide on my Krieger with TRW oprod and it doesn't seem like a very tight fit? The oprod feels a bit loose side to side when in the forward position...and I haven't tried a new oprod yet to see if that will cure it. I know there is a really nice one for the Krieger heavy that comes with it but I haven't been able to find one separately.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Op Rod Guides

Krieger op rod guides for heavy barrels are available, but only fit heavy barrels. If you have a standard or medium weight barrel it will use the standard op rod guide. Barrels should be knureled if the guide is a loose fit. There is a company that makes a so called NM op rod guide for standard barrels, but I don't have their name. Standard guides work fine anyway.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a medium contour barrel and a brand NIW USGI oprod guide. The guide is nice and tight on the barrel but loose with the oprod. I'll have another look at it tonight to make sure its not me. I'd sure like that name of the company that makes NM ones

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
If the Sage op rod block would work I'd say get it, my op rod has nearly no play with it installed in my Sage. It's tight getting in and out too, very precisely made. Probably part of how they're getting the accuracy out of these systems.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Sadlak NM OpRod Guide. Put one in my rifle. You can also get it from...Brownells?
http://www.sadlak.com/si_rifle_parts_sg.html
He's after the part that holds the op rod to the barrel.

A gunsmith I had work on my rifle lightly offset a guide I had to tighten up the fit on my op rod, it worked very well. Looking at it from the top, it was installed crooked with one side a little further forward than the other. I never had any issues with the rifle, it ran great and was a definite shooter.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
There are just too many Aftermarket SO CALLED NM Parts around these Days, for my Taste, let's stay real Here, there is no NM Op Rod Guide, there are only two Op Rod Guides, the Standard Guide and the one for the Heavy Contour Barrels, in my Book the only NM Parts are the ones that Uncle Sam called NM!SOAPBOX1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts