M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hope some of you can help with a scope mount issue I have!!

I have a late '81 NM SAI, and I have an ARMS #18 mount attatched. What I have found is I am fully out of windage adjustment.........I have all LH windage and my groups are not centered!!!

I have removed the C-ring from the mount bolt thinking that may be hanging up and I have played with the front and rear mount....to no avail!!!!!

What am I missing...........do I try another mount. Had a buddy tell me to use Burris rings and offset the internal spacers........kind of a Bubba fix, what else am I left to do.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks
apapro

·
Registered
999 Posts
Imho,

get a sadlak copy of the brookfield mount.

You will be happier in the long run.

A lot stronger and will aline properly.

·
Banned
351 Posts
Before you spend money on another mount, you might try this method. The ARMS 18 is a damn good mount. Iv'e had two of them mounted for many years with zero problems.

This only takes 3 minutes to do and you will be able to see if your mount is that far off center.

Center your front sight blade on the FH. Center rear sight on windage marks. Tie a knot in a length of string or fishing line and pull it through the rear sight aperture to the front sight blade tight. Tie it off around the sight blade.

Obviously what you want to achieve is, the string positioned smack dab in the middle of the mount.

Now adjust the mount on the rifle. Just tighten it enough so that you can move it in the dovetail and it will stay put when you let go of it.

I'd venture to say that you have a scope problem and not a mounting problem. Especially if when you put the string on it, it's not far off center.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.