M14 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D :D :D
After the long wait for the McMillan stock and the accurizing work done at Tanks Rifle Shop (6 months in all) here she is...ENJOY!! :D

(Tank's Link) http://www.tanksrifleshop.com/m14.htm

I have upgraded or have the following parts:
Tanks NM USGI Spec Steel Bedding Block
M1A McMillan Stock
Tanks One Piece NM Oprod Spring Guide
NM Gas System Unitezed (not Welded)
TRW Bolt (Complete)
TRW Oprod
NM Tuned to 4.5-5.0lbs TRW Trigger group (Complete)
NM2A Rear Sight Base
NM Windage Knob
NM Hooded Aperture
USGI Elevation Knob (BME)
NM Front Sight (forged not cast)
NM Flash Suppressor Tapered and reamed
NM SS Med weight Barrel Crowned and squared
SA M1A Receiver

I also have the following for Hunting /Long distance shooting
and Short Distance shooting :wink:
A.R.M.S. #18 Mount
A.R.M.S. Q.D. #22Low Ring
Aimpont M2

A.R.M.S. Q.D. #22Low Rings
Leupold 6.5-20 X 40mm EFR Target Scope

Steel Bedding Block before glass bedded in

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
That's a sweet looking rifle Doc, congratulations!! Now take her to the range & tell us how she shoots. ;)

I really like that stock. If I were to invest in a McMillan stock, that would be the one I'd get.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Doc:

Looks like Tank's put some TLC in that baby!!! Congratulations!!! That is an impressive line up of parts and components.

Have you taken it out yet to shoot? This is the first complete "Match" rifle that I have seen from Tank's shop. And very good pictures!

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all

Thanks for the Kudos gentlemen... :mrgreen:
I am taking her to the range Sunday to re-zero my Iron sights, SA Scope and Aimpoint M2. I will give a Range Report Monday... and post targets. :wink:
Have a good week, :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Bill Ricca said:
No it is not Winchester, but I forget who it is. Remember Winchester was WWII, that is a post war knob.

Yep :) I already asked him (PM)... I dont think Bill was sure of all the USGI elevation markings. Maybe he or someone else can give us all some insight on these markings.

Thanks,

·
Registered
846 Posts
isn't WCE for Wright Clock Equipment. anyways it was a USGI marking. however WCE has also been copied by the chinese. as many of their rifles came over with WCE knobs installed.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ahhh Yes..

Very perceptive grasshopper.... :D lol I was waiting for some one to ask :)
I wanted to be able to stow my SA Rifle scope while I had my Aimpoint M2 mounted so I didn’t have to worry about it. So I made a "Scope Tube" like they had way back when :) I got the Idea from "Saving Private Ryan" the sniper in that movie had his scope in a leather tube. I had looked into having a Leather tube made buy some different places...a Tack Shop in Vermont wanted $175.00 and a very nice gentleman that is very well known for his Leather Fly Rod Cases with some art work on it (A Big White Feather :wink: ) ..$300.00. So I decided to make my own, I don’t think I would have been able to sleep nights knowing I spent $300.00 on a Leather Tube. This one cost me $15.00-20.00 and an old Rifle case for the Material.
Hope you enjoy the pics.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Hey Doc:

That is really "creative"! Since I normally move my scopes from rifle to rifle, this makes good sense when they are not being used. Very Cool, Sir!

Is tha a new model SA scope? I have the old SA 6-20x56mm and the 10X56mm... but both have thumb turrets. I noticed the new models having lower "snag free" turret caps and look much different from the original line of scopes.

Again, nice setup!

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks...

It’s a good set-up especially when I go to the range or your on the "Hunt" and it is not mounted I can sling it until I get to my shooting spot and I don’t have to worry that my scope will get damaged.

This scope is a 4-14 Generation III Government Model SA scope with an 11 position Illuminated Reticle, SA's Range Finder and Bubble level....man a mouthful huh? :) What I have found out about it is the optics is ground by NIKON and the body is of one piece construction. It is also rated for a .50 cal so it should give me lifetime of shooting 7.62.
IMOA the clarity is as good as my Steiner Binoculars (10X50)..... it is last years model I have seen the new models at their sight...Ummm not too bad definitely different looking, the advertisements try to make you believe Special Ops teams are using them...I don’t know about that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.