M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Great buy.

It is an exceptional buy, do it if you can. I bought five, but wish I had know they were coming up as I would have bought a lot more.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Sigh, these guys are ruining me. Must buy mmoooooorrrrreeee!!!! Okay only bought three, but what a deal. Spent about $3K on gun stuff this month, somebody stop me!!!

·
Senior Chief, U. S. Navy, Ret
407 Posts
Well these barrels certainly seem to be a good deal at $125.00 and I'd like to build another rifle however, for me think the best deal would be just to order a CMP special grade rifle and be done with it.

·
Banned
38 Posts
Bought 4 this morning. I will keep them to rebarrel rifles as they wear out. A lot of folks have late SA rifles, so these barrels will be perfect.

Figuring one of these barrels would have cost $300+ on the market prior to this release.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Bought 4 this morning. I will keep them to rebarrel rifles as they wear out. A lot of folks have late SA rifles, so these barrels will be perfect.

Figuring one of these barrels would have cost $300+ on the market prior to this release.
Orest's last auction they were going for $350, if you can believe it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I'm going to order two, maybe. So far, I haven't been able to logon today. I'm not sure if that's because of the barrels and WW2 bayonets being listed, or CMP adding M1C/D accessories(scopes, flashiders, pads, etc.) to the mix.

Charlie

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
I still haven't been able to log onto CMP sales, can't spend all day & night w/ that. Last I saw 2,000 barrels had been ordered. Must be a feeding frenzy over there. Somebody buying extra barrels save me a couple or put 'em in the PX.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
If you are using a old link to CMP that you have saved thats probably the problem. They updated their site to a different server

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Well, ya'll keep holding that breath. My piddling order for 2 barrels got kicked back because CMP lost my U.S. birth cert and TX D/L, which I'll have to replace for CMP's files. The system won't accept my CC until I prove my citizenship and there won't be any humans at CMP until Monday.

Good luck with your orders! Old Springfield made good battle rifle barrels.

·
Registered
102 Posts
There gone

I ordered 1 last week. Today I was checking on my status. They are no longer on the site.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
My three arrived today. No time to unwrap them yet..................

·
Registered
78 Posts
New Barrels

My 2 M-1 Garand barrels got to Mt. today. One is a SA 1-51.
The other is a SA 12-51 Both have a MW of less than 1.

Guess I lucked out again.

Ken in nw Mt.DI2

1 - 20 of 26 Posts