·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

One of my grandsons, Mason, got some trigger time also.(10-22) Plus one shot from a .50 cal. Thats all he wanted.

Rifles were two SAI 1 n/m and 1 loaded, Stag #7 in 5.56 nato and two .50's, the yellow gun built by a friend weighs 70lbs. and the black one is an AR50.

Didn't zoom in on the targets but they are 150, 200, 250 and 350yards.

Birds don't hang around long.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't seem to get more than two pictures posted at a time.

There is a 2 1/4"x18"dia. steel plate we mostly shot at today. It's 200yards and heavy as heck.The .50's like to turn it sideways. There is a u-bolt welded on the back of the plate that drops into a 2" pipe. Its pretty handy when I don't feel like hanging targets. Lazyness I guess.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
You're killing me. I have to drive 60 miles to a 300 yd range. Looks like a slice of heaven.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to admit, it is handy. If the weather was bad, those barrels would have been sticking out of the basement window. In the summer the deck shades those windows so I don't have to shoot looking into the afternoon sun.

The club I belong to is about 20 minutes from here. Only a 200 meter range.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Ginda noticed in post #3 that you seem to be shooting directly over some houses downrange. Any complaints from the neighbors? dozier

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only house is my sisters, off to the left. Below the deck is two barns, a pavilion and a shed. I try to shoot when the neighbors are at work. They like to shoot also. Mostly my stuff. If a neighbor has family in, they give me a call to see if they can shoot the .50's. They get a big kick out of it. They always want the brass to show their friends what they shot. Its good P-R.

There are two houses for sale within a quarter mile or so. New neighbors may not be so easy going.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had the same question but figured they where either friends or relatives on the same property. Either way what a great situation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I thought I had it good living 5 mins. away from the range, can't beat shooting off the back deck. Looks like the little guy knows what he's doing, great to see!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hmm, OP, you said 2 houses were for sale down the way... What state is this wonderful Heaven located in, I might need to call a Real Estate Agent! I need to get outta Mass, what you have sir, is my dream! Nice collection BTW!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not to many jobs in this part of Pa. Without a job, you'd burn up all your ammo. But then again, I have a job, and I burn up alot of ammo. UPS went by and didn't bring any again.(Radway Green)

Maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Man would I love to be able to shoot of my back deck. Where are you from in PA?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A few miles outside of Bradford, a mile off the main road.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts