M14 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The bottom of the right lug was just over half way between the top and bottom of the notch on a NO-GO. For sheetz and giggles, I tried my Winchester bolt and it closed a little more than my TRW bolt
Thanks Josh. So it was about the same as my Winny bolt in a chrome lined USGI contour barrle. Guess you are keeping the headspace a little tighter.
LRB is doing a great job again. Nice to see they got rid of the left lug set back that was there for years.

·
Premium Member
20,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
If it ain't broke...
Still did fine with the Malaysian surplus. I could build on that good of a receiver all day.
Totally Dude!

LRB M14BR 05119 and 05120 are just itching to become rifles but I have some other projects that need attention first. Then there is a whole bunch of shooting that is in order.
Whatta Hobby!

Reactions: deuceguy

·
Premium Member
20,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
So about 2 1/2 hours worth of work putting them together?
About that total for all 3 this month. I normally figure an hour per rifle if I have all the parts ready to go. Then of course range time and tweaking if necessary.

Reactions: deuceguy

·
Premium Member
20,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
The Let's Go Brandon rifle is outstanding! Nice work on all of the builds. I am looking forward to the range reports. In particular the LGB rifle!
Well, that makes two of us. Freezing rain this morning, but I have a feeling the afternoon will be just right.

·
Premium Member
20,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Let's Go Brandon out for function firing. Ran 10 rnds for settling into the USGI fiberglass stock and then another 10 on a target. Not too shabby a 2" group at 100 yds for her first day out. 150 gn Berger fb over 41.5 gn of IMR-8208 in RA-68 cases set of with 210m primers. Whatta Hobby!

Product Font Rectangle Material property Triangle

·
Premium Member
20,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Next I got out for function fire 20 rnds down range with LRB M14BR 05100. This was interesting to me. Iron sights at 100 yds trying to focus on a 1.5" dot. Old eyes just couldn't hack it. Maybe tomorrow I will take her out on some SR-1s. I know I can see that 6" black. This is the better of the 2 50' targest I shot at 100. Whatta Hobby!

Wood Font Art Circle Wood stain

·
Premium Member
20,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
I am glad I can live vicariously through you Art!
I appreciate that for sure. Just for comparison this photo is of an SR-1 target and the 50' next to each other. Looks like a 97 when they are put together. I will accept that for function firing . 1st really traditional M14 build I have done is some time. Standard weight chrome lined USGI contour barrel. I had forgotten how much fun the plain Jane M14 is to shoot. Quality is #1. Whatta Hobby!

Motor vehicle Wood Engineering Machine tool Gas

Data storage device Font Material property Dvd CD

·
Premium Member
20,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Pardon me if this is a dumb question but is this a Bula receiver in which someone has engraved "Rock-Ola?" As a big M1 carbine fan, obviously I know about the Rock-Ola manufactured examples and how sought after they are due to the obvious cool factor but I don't recall reading anything about that company doing anything further beyond those M1s up to 1944.
Receivers were made for James River Armory by Bula Forge and Machine. The Rock-Ola name was requested by James River.

Reactions: tpl4586

·
Premium Member
20,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Art,
You are missing the face mask. (Lets Go Brandon)
Got one as a present from my sister. (She bought a couple of them. )

Wear it when I go into stores here in Chicago. (Back in Dublin,OH no masks required.)
My wife worried that someone would confront me about it.
So far... no one has said anything.
Depending on geography, one needs to be careful about displaying signs of personal thoughts that could be misinterpreted.

A couple of years ago after a visit to Camp Perry during the games I made a detour to see my brother in Reynoldsburg OH, not to far from you. While fueling my truck I was surrounded be a bunch of locals that didn't appreciate a " Cracker" in their neighborhood with a Live Free or Die flag on the rear window. They were sure it meant I was one of those supremacists we hear about that hated them. Cleared that up in a hurry when I asked what the heck is a cracker?

·
Premium Member
20,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I guess I missed yet another great group buy. Nf1e, I am wondering if you are taking on build projects for others, or just doing them for one massive personal safe? I'm looking to get a quality build done, and seeing the recent issues with a Bula assembled build, I thought maybe you'd be interested? I just got back to the point where I might be able to afford a quality built M14 - ran into some money/home/where to sleep issues...
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I only do stuff for myself and assist others with their own builds using my tools and shop. Works quite well that way.

·
Premium Member
20,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I did have another idea - are you in need of some computer/networking/storage assistance? Perhaps we could trade knowledge and assistance in kind! Perhaps you're looking for someone to visit for awhile and entertain you with stories of living in a savage, untamed morass of political intrigue, strawberries, walnuts, and avocado on every dish (it's mandatory), and a governor who thinks he's king forever? Or, maybe just the computer stuff then...
How about Ted Brown or TonyBen ? They are on the left coast right there in Oregon and have pretty good reputations for treating folks right.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.