M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have learned a lot the past few weeks reading the posts on this board. The information that is being shared is awesome. I bought a new M1A Scout about a month ago and have shot about 100 rounds through it. I am amazed at the accuracy with iron sights at 100 yards. I want to shoot at 150 to 300 yards so I figured I would order some optics. After reading everything I could find, I ordered some goodies and the arrived today. I thought I would share over the next few days as I install the new items (SADLAK Steel Airborne Model, some assorted SADLAK tools, Turner Match Service Rifle Sling, Valdada/IOR 1.5-8x26 35mm Tactical Illuminated BDC/CQB Reticule, and The M14 Complete Assembly Guide book, and the tool kit that fits in the butt stock).

As a newbie to rifles in general, I figured I would share (for the other new guys) what I went through with my choices and what went right and what went wrong) as I go through the process. I would love to hear any comments (positive or negative) regarding the choices I made on my hardware to go with my M1A Scout.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Nice gear, and that's a very good scope. You'll need to get lots of ammo. For that check the ammo Bunker.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
That's a lot of great gear. You must feel like a kid in a candy store, I know I would.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Very nice stuff. Like prev mentioned, go to the ammo bunker and stock up.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Looks like your shopping list was cross referenced to M14TFL. Good choices all!

Kulek and McKee's guide book is very good. So is Duff and Miller's which goes more into match conditioning. Best of all, though much more involved, is "The U.S. 30 Caliber Gas Operated Service Rifles" by Jerry Kuhnhausen. I have all three and find myself using them all depending on what I'm doing.

BTW, you'll find the rifle a skosh bit easier to shoot if you take that tag off the trigger guard, Minnie Pearl. GI2

·
Registered
92 Posts
Time2Roll,
That is a nice looking setup you have, please post some more pictures after you have her all dressed up.
I also remember Minnie
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjX1LpSow_g[/ame]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts