M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been on here since November and Friday before Christmas I ordered a M1A loaded model hope to get it this week. Anyway I ordered a Sadlak airborne mount from Sadlak and was wondering what would be a good scope to install, I've looking at Vortex and Athlon. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Between Athlon and Vortex would lean to the latter.
Ditto, seems for the most part guys on here like the Vortex and SWFA SS. I have the 6x version of the SS, but many get the 10x. Love my SWFA SS, may go back on the Scout.

All depends on what you plan to use it for.

I have a Leupold VX Freedom 1.5-4x and a Leupold VX-R Patrol 1.25-4x that I really like on my Scouts, helps keep the weight down. But probably only good for 100 yards to 300, maybe more with skill and good eyes, etc. I've only shot at 100 yards though, so take that into account.

And of course some on here have Nightforces, Schmidt Benders, etc. If you have a spare car you can sell, lol. I dream of these....

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert and love my SWFA scopes

·
Administrator
17,678 Posts
Welcome aboard Seabee71, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome aboard and have yourself a great New Year. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome from AZ (Currently), I like the Vortex but have Athlon also on a couple of my competition rifles. My version of the M-21 has a Leupold 3.5x10 Target scope.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts