M14 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm fairly new to the forum. First post. I'm unabashedly trolling for compliments with this, but I'd like to hear opinions on my setup.

Specifics are:

Sig Scorpion Carry 1911 .45 with threaded barrel
Eagle Industries Plate Carrier w/ AR500 Plate
Sig 516 with ACOG TA31 and Trijicon RMR (I will be cutting down my barrel to 14.5" to match the ACOG)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another Utah resident. I have the same plate carrier and love it. How do you like the Sig Scorpion? I've heard mixed reviews about its functionality. I believe there is a recent thread about that pistol on this forum. Looks great!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum from another Utah resident. I have the same plate carrier and love it. How do you like the Sig Scorpion? I've heard mixed reviews about its functionality. I believe there is a recent thread about that pistol on this forum. Looks great!
Yeah, I was actually reading that thread. A good friend told me about it. I've had two scorpions, and both have had FTFs. I'm sending this one into Sig to get repaired. Seems like the feed ramp is too steep to me. Or maybe a combined problem with the mags. Some guys don't care for Sig mags too much. Maybe they have good reason!!!???

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Someone told me to get Wilson mags for my Kimber .45. I don't think mag issues are a unique problem to any brand of 1911. Seems like extra attention is payed to mags by some and not others.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks good, what type of paint did you use?
Thanks for the compliment. I used Rustoleum brand spray paint. It is specifically designed for multiple surfaces and is produced in camo specific colors. They make it extra flat so that there's no shine at all. I believe Krylon sells a camo color pack as well...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts