M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am a newbie from the Seattle area.

I purchased a SA Scout Squad M1a last year, and have been slowly changing/refining/updating some of the parts on this great rifle when I get some spare change. As many of you already know, this venerable rifle platform is a beast, but certainly deserves some respect. I have assembled and worked on AR-15s for a number of years, but got interested in the M14/M1a platform.

As I have been able, I have acquired several Sadlak replacement/upgrade parts and tools, to name but a few. The rifle is a real-tack driver. Last year, not being very satisfied with the SA black polymer OEM stock, I saved up my change and installed a VLTR stock. What an improvement !! It lightened the beast, was much better than the OEM stock.

Now, I have several suppressors currently in ATF purgatory. While I am waiting, I have been researching the necessary adapters to correctly attach "Part A to Part B." The forum was helpful in me finding a good adapter set-up for my M1a.

Thought that I should stop just being a lurker.

Cheers,
1boomer

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,124 Posts
Now you have made a good decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you can post often 1boomer.

DI5

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great choice!

I am also new and there is no better place to increase your knowledge of these lovely rifles!

Welcome!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Welcome from Lynnwood! Gosh I hate this liberal state! I would like to move but.................................

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome from a neighbor 92 miles up the superslab (I-5), Bellingham. There a quite a few of us hanging around this fine site.

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.