M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Just checkin' in. I just got a Supermatch M1A the other day. It's got the ARMS 18 mount on it and I just put my Leupold MKIV 3.5-10x40 Tactical scope on it. I'll have lots of questions and hope to gain lots of knowledge about my new baby. Thanks in advance!

John

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new rifle.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NorCal. There are years of information in the threads already on the site and the membership is always willing and able to step in and help with questions when you need it. Congrats on the rifle, have fun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,
I do have a couple questions. How can I go about lengthening the stock a bit? I'm 6'6" and I'm a little spoiled by the McMillan A5 on my Bolt-gun and the long LOP. I saw a replacement pad online but it doesn't seem to have inserts for adjusting it. I don't mind the metal buttstock hardware but it's really a short stock for me. Also, should I put a "Karsten style" cheekrest on it or is there a better way to raise the cheekweld?

Thanks again,
John

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, oneshot onekill, sounds like a question or two you might want to post in the Firing Line. GI2 I know you will enjoy the forums and being here with us, have fun.

-

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I am 6'4"

A butt pad of the correct thickness would help you. I have a slip on type that fits over the stock but plate and then can be easily removed as needed on other rifles. 1 1/2 inch thick.

Enjoy..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts