M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
I picked up an M1A almost three years ago and been creeping around this site to figure out what I got and how to take care of it. Thought I would finally join and say hello. Have to say this is one of the best forums out there. I'm not sure what is more impressive, the depth of knowledge here or how willing people are to give up the info to help someone out. Thank You!

After the the first year and a few rounds through the M1A I knew it was time for another and contacted the fine folks at LRB to have one made with a Sage chassis and Krieger barrel topped off with a Leupold MK6. And now a year later I'm ready for another. When will it stop !??

Any way, thanks again for doing what you guys do.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Have one in the safe and one at the smiths getting a lug welded on the receiver. Already buying parts for more. Tough girls to say no to. Glad you enjoy them Bel73!

·
Administrator
17,547 Posts
Welcome on board BEL73, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome on board and have yourself a great weekend.
Oh yeah... To admit that you have a problem BEL73, then you're taking that first big step in recovery from your addiction. To help this along, it's required that you start buying only your body weight each month of military surplus ammunition and a M1A Battle Rifle. Then, with more support and help from your family and friends, slowly work down to twice a month until you can buy military surplus ammunition and M1A Battle Rifles each week without anymore problems, or until your bank card(s) hit the max limit. Just kidding......
I'm still trying to get back on the wagon again myself, no luck yet. I'm still on the powder patches with little success insight, I have to get a 2nd mortgaged on the house. My wife took the children and dogs and left me, but my doctor said I'm getting somewhat better. Ya right......

XXIV Corps

·
Registered
353 Posts
Welcome BEL, I did the same thing. I lurked here for a long time, bought a Supermatch and joined, then had to build an EBR.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Southwest Idaho-- formerly from the south side of Chi-town and the Peoria area-says Hi and welcome.
Buy another safe now.

What part of Illinois?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Man my wife doesn't know what my M1A cost and I don't want her to know. I'd like to get another but I'm not sure I can swing it.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Welcome from Texas, and I'm not sure it will stop. You will need a bigger safe soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Southwest Idaho-- formerly from the south side of Chi-town and the Peoria area-says Hi and welcome.
Buy another safe now.

What part of Illinois?
Doing my time in the Joliet area. Hope to make parole in a couple years and get outta this state!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Doing my time in the Joliet area. Hope to make parole in a couple years and get outta this state!
Welcome!

I hear ya. Did 20 years in Mt. Prospect about 10 years ago before heading to WI.

Things in IL weren't quite as bad/crazy back then.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina !! Don't worry, It gets better, there is always another one to build..

Carry On!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts