M14 Forum banner

Newbie Alert!

991 views 18 replies 19 participants last post by  Seventh Fleet 
#1 ·
Hello!

I have been awaiting the day that I would be able to join this forum. On Wednesday of this week, I will be the proud (and first-time) owner of a SOCOM 16!

My name is Max, and I live in the Midwest. I currently work for a security contracting firm while finishing up a double major in psychology and criminal justice. I enjoy firearms of all kinds, but I am definitely enthusiastic about the M14 platform. When I'm not working or in the classroom, which consumes an unfortunate amount of my time, you can find me hunting anything from big game with my bow, to waterfowl with my SBEII, to small game with my favorite rimfire. I also love fishing, especially on rivers.

I joined the forum because, well, the M14 platform has such a rich history and fosters a respectable community of like-minded men and women. Reading through the threads and seeing the wealth of knowledge present is assuring as this is my first personal M1A. I plan on building my SOCOM to accommodate both work and play, so expect to see some eager posts about how-to's and product questions.

It feels good to finally be on here!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome aboard !
Great bunch of people here and lots of info and Help.
Check out Tonyben's videos so you can get your Socom cleaned,greased and ready to get to the range.
Have a great first time!

Reactions: tonyben
#11 ·
Welcome from Ohio, glad to have you aboard. Post away!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.