M14 Forum banner

Newb with Sage EBR post range

1441 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  mariodesmo
Guys I've recently put together my Sage EBR. It's a Springfield M1a standard with the Sage EBR, trigger has been reworked to about 4lbs. Installed Sadlak NM gas piston, Sadlak Spring Guide, Larue mount with a Millet TRS-1 16x50. I've never owned a large caliber semi auto before I bought my M1a. I bore sighted the rifle at what I thought was 100yds but it wound up being about 75. Went to the range yesterday and it was on paper but I could tell it is a little low. I'm posting my target pics to give you guys an idea of what its shooting now at 100 yards. Can you guys give me some pointers on what I should be doing. I notice I'm having a hard time controlling it when it recoils back. Whats the best way to hold the Sage, should I get a pistol grip to put up front? Any tips you guys can give me would be awesome!!

Thanks,Chase Oldsman350
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
288 Posts
Get in a good position so that the sights will almost stay on target without much effort on your part. Once your in a good position pull the rifle into your shoulder get the sights on th e target. Take up the slack on the trigger. Hold your breath and squeeze off a round. Hold the trigger to the rear until the rifle stops moving. Take another breath and do it all over again. Aim at the same exact spot each time. If your group is a little low use the scope adjustment to bring it up a little. Most scopes are 1/4 inch adjustment per click at 100 yds. Bore sighters get you close but the bullet will do what it wants when it leaves the barrel.

At home in the basement do lots of dry fire practice. put a sticker on the wall and then work on holding the rifle still while you squeeze the trigger.

· Registered
5,852 Posts
It "might" be the LaRue mount. The diving board style setup isn't the best. The Sage DCSB is a little more solid since it also has a contact point at the clip guide. Just food for thought. I've heard of a few people removing the LaRue in favour of the Sage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.