M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up and older Springfield M1A and it looks like this is the place to be. This is a really great site and I have learned a lot already.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This is definitely the place to be. How much " older" is your m1a?

Happy shooting

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome

I'm not sure, born on dates seem hard to come by.
The serial number is 0043xx so I would guess around 1976.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Wecome to the forum> This is a great site for info. and good guys. Glad you have a beloved M14/M1A, now buy lots of ammo and mags.

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,025 Posts
Welcome on board mikemac, great site here about our beloved M14 battle rifle. Post often and enjoy the site.DI5

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Welcome aboard form the wet side. That serial number sounds like about early 76 maybe even late 75. Have you checked out Different's serial numbers in the reference section?
Do you see a Geneseo on the bottom of the barrel near the gas cylinder?

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Welcome aboard! What part of the state are you in? We have wet side shoots several times a year.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
We don't have a consistent turn out at the CR&P range so don't often go through the effort to schedule range time. I've tried that a few times and only had a few folks show up when several more had said they were coming. As it stands we've never been short of range space for our shoots.

I've shot at Black Diamond several times and was a member years ago. The facilities at Cascade are very good and an RSO is not needed to shoot there although we have an RSO in our membership.

If you'd like to host a shoot at Black Diamond I'm sure there'd be some interest. We have been trying to get members to host shoots at other ranges!

I'll send you a PM.

·
Banned
937 Posts
Welcome to The M14 Forums..

mikemac, welcome aboard from Spitzenberg, WA

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.