M14 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm relatively new to the M1A crowd, but not new to firearms or internet forums. I finally purchased an M1A about a week ago, after wanting one since I was about 14. 15 years later I the empty spot in my safe is now occupied. I look forward to learning as much as I can about my new rifle & the rifle it was patterned from.

-Brian
ARMY1

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, JeepinAZ, you mean to tell me that you only buy a rifle every 15 years, shame on you. MCORPS1 MCORPS1 I know that you will enjoy the forums and all that they have to offer. We're happy to have you with us, have fun.

-

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I have purchased several other firearms (and received others as gifts for graduation of both high school & boot camp) but the M1A has always been my "unicorn" so to speak. Always out of my price range or something. I just had a hard time swallowing the price tag. But last week I found a Springfield loaded with a walnut stock & it screamed buy me now, so I did. It took some financial wrangling, but I made it happen & after shooting it, it was well worth it. I knew this purchase was going to open Pandora's box though. Now that I have this one, I want more of them.

I have an early AR configured in A-1 style, and I had another lower to build a second one, but it sat in my safe for 3 years without any progress. I just wasn't interested in having another AR, they kinda bore me. I had a Remington 700 in '06 that I sold to lift my Jeep. It was fun & I originally planned on buying another one before I bought an M1A, but I haven't felt the urge to do so. I intentionally never handled an M1A at the store when I saw one because I knew I'd have to have it. With the current administration though, I figured I'd better get one now or possibly miss out for good.

I'm now on the lookout for a buddy for the M1A too, I have an M1 Carbine but my safe looks funny without a Garand in between the two. Also thinking '03-A3 is in order down the road instead of another Remington 700. GI8

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Welcome aboard sir

I knew this purchase was going to open Pandora's box though. Now that I have this one, I want more of them.
you have certainly come to the right place.

as others on this board have said - these rifles are like potato chips, you can't have just one. DI5

I started thinking about rifle #3 shortly after acquiring rifle #2, still trying to make that happen....

weclome to the addiction..GI2

·
"Death From Above"
11,253 Posts
Welcome aboard newbie from AZ. What they say is true I bought and M21 from SAI and almost immediately started collecting parts for two more builds. I would imagine it is going t be some time before I can do number four due to the new wife I got shortly after the first rifle. I still have a few decades in me so I would imagine it will happen sooner or later. Have a great time wondering around the forum and an even better time shooting your new addiction!!!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used to live off of 84th Ave & Union Hills. My friend still lives there & I'm up there a lot. We'll have to go shooting some time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yes yes I can join the fun now too. after a month of searching after finding jeepinazs rifle I finally found one. had to settle on a standard in walnut however since I could not get my hands on a scout or a loaded for that matter. It was hard enough to buy the one I got ahold of. Now that it has a home We have seen more than one on the shevles. go figure....

One of the worst frustrations ever....knowing what you want and the cash to buy it and cant not get it. persistance has paid off however and thanks to jeepin I have another firearm to add to my collection/addiction. so far for the month of march I have bought a M1A, Rugar LCP and 95% of a M1 Garand...Its a good month!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes yes I can join the fun now too. after a month of searching after finding jeepinazs rifle I finally found one. had to settle on a standard in walnut however since I could not get my hands on a scout or a loaded for that matter. It was hard enough to buy the one I got ahold of. Now that it has a home We have seen more than one on the shevles. go figure....

One of the worst frustrations ever....knowing what you want and the cash to buy it and cant not get it. persistance has paid off however and thanks to jeepin I have another firearm to add to my collection/addiction. so far for the month of march I have bought a M1A, Rugar LCP and 95% of a M1 Garand...Its a good month!
Glad to see my juju has worn off on you. Now you're going to spend all your time on here & you'll have 4 M-14s before you know it. Figures we'd find them all AFTER you bought yours. Oh well, at least you have one. Now we need to get some range time in sukka!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts