M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Little man's going to blow a hole in something unintentionally if he's not careful with that trigger finger.

I loved my JAE stock and recommend them to anyone wanting a precision setup.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Good obs NoExpert. Finger on the trigger, mag in and action closed.......?.......

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Good obs NoExpert. Finger on the trigger, mag in and action closed.......?.......
Not to mention safety off and thumb where the op rod travels... bad news bears all around.

However we need to remember... he's a kid, that means somewhere along the line a grown up didn't teach him properly.

Given what GR does I'm sure the situation was safe but that's the age where safety has to be grilled into the brain.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
I hear good things about JAE...

Also, the boy needs to put on his eye protection.GI2

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
A five pound .22 might be a tad more comfortable for him instead of fifteen pounds of M14. GI2

·
Rest in Peace
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Little man's going to blow a hole in something unintentionally if he's not careful with that trigger finger.

I loved my JAE stock and recommend them to anyone wanting a precision setup.
I blew that shot up and lightened it up -- his fingers are on the edge of the stock, OUT of the trigger guard. And NOT at a range, at a photo shoot. Just so you can stop worrying...

·
Registered
9,816 Posts
I just got word from Lisa that since my stock is still on order I'm going to get the new G3 version BIGTHUMPUP and that includes the new cheek piece!

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
I blew that shot up and lightened it up -- his fingers are on the edge of the stock, OUT of the trigger guard. And NOT at a range, at a photo shoot. Just so you can stop worrying...
Whew, thank God, that was going to keep me up tonight GI6. Like I said later, I know what you do and knew the situation had to be safe regardless of finger placement.

GR, what was your impression of the QD cheek rest? Seems kind of funky to me but then I haven't seen it first hand, just the pics on their site. I think even if I still had my JAE I'd pass on it after seeing the pics...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Any significant changes to the gen 3's? Been puttin off gettin a jae for too long and if they have a new model it would be the perfect time to take the plunge.

·
Rest in Peace
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes. Order one now and you'll get a gen III
Don't know everything, but most of the improvements came as they were finally prepping the M700 stock for production. What I saw at SHOT show -- Secondary lock for the adjustable cheekpiece (more secure) more textured grip, bottom of rubber buttstock extends below stock, slimmer profile

·
Rest in Peace
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whew, thank God, that was going to keep me up tonight GI6. Like I said later, I know what you do and knew the situation had to be safe regardless of finger placement.

GR, what was your impression of the QD cheek rest? Seems kind of funky to me but then I haven't seen it first hand, just the pics on their site. I think even if I still had my JAE I'd pass on it after seeing the pics...
Actually, it's REAL cool -- lever pops the cheekpiece off in a second -- so you can go to your iron sights if you need to. and doesn't protrude -- integrated into the side of the stock -- very nifty, very "JAE" They demonstrated at SHOT
It works very well and I wish I had it on my Gen II -- also makes running a bore rod through the breech end of the M700 easier --

You can also see in this pic recontoured grip, recoil pad going below bottom of stock...

·
Registered
9,816 Posts
I'm looking forward to the feel of the slimmer profile

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Do you have to turn down the riser with the thumb wheel setup or does the whole riser come out with the cheek rest?

The stock looks NICE. May have to get another... or wait for the G4 in two years. What would be an awesome idea is if they had the stock sides hydrographic'd in camo patterns before installation. Add probably $100 to the cost but would be a nice feature.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Beautiful stock but the weight is a turn off.

The m14 is a rifle that does not really need to be made any heavier then it already is.

·
Registered
9,816 Posts
beautiful stock but the weight is a turn off.

The m14 is a rifle that does not really need to be made any heavier then it already is.
To each their own. When you buy this stock your goal to improve the accuracy to a degree that is beyond what the rifle will normally do and most of us with the stock will normally shoot the rifle from a bench at a rifle range so we don't have to carry it very much.

But all that aside, I carry mine in the field quite often, the entire rifle with ammo is about 15 lbs. There are those who would consider that heavy because they don't have the ability to carry that much weight, but at 53 years old I can still spend the day in the field carrying about 60 pounds or so between what's on my back and what's hanging from my three point sling.

Some of us were raised on rifles of iron and steel and others were raised on plastic.

Reactions: chief on one

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
JAE just revamped their website and have a new 25% off accessories special...
I wasn't a marketing major, so I don't understand why I keep hearing that (1) JAE has long wait times and (2) they're offering discounts.

A manufacturer that can't keep up with demand should demand full price, shouldn't they?

And a photo shoot is no excuse: guns should always be handled safely.

I can't see if the boy's finger is on the trigger or not, but it shouldn't be, period.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I wasn't a marketing major, so I don't understand why I keep hearing that (1) JAE has long wait times and (2) they're offering discounts.

A manufacturer that can't keep up with demand should demand full price, shouldn't they?
Just a guess, but JAE is selling the stocks at full price; the discount is for the options. Promoting the options keeps more "full featured" products in the field which is good marketing. It also keeps their productions volumes on the optional items higher which improves their profit margins on them.

But, like I said, just it's a hunch.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts