M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I've been checking out this forum for a while now, but didn't want to post or contribute until I owned an M14/M1A. I've been in love with the m14 pattern rifle forever, and grew up shooting a CMP M1.

Well, I finally saved up enough to purchase my first M1A. I really wanted a loaded in stainless but after months of trying to find one for a reasonable price, I decided to jump on a carbon loaded in walnut and I couldn't be happier. After a day of shooting with my dad, he purchased a loaded w/ black furniture. We took it down to the Missouri river flats down in southern Nebraska and I shot a few 3-5 inch 3 shot groups @ 100 yards with irons. Is that decent accuracy?

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and I look forward to being a part of this forum.

Thanks,

David

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,456 Posts
Welcome from SoCal! Congrats on getting your M1A, that exact model was my first M1A! Enjoy!
m14brian

·
Administrator
17,411 Posts
Great decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often kavas1898.

DI5

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Welcome from Texas, kavas1898. Congratulations on your and your fathers M1A's. The M1A is capable of good accuracy depends on the ammo and the shooter, you should be able to cut your group size roughly in half with good ammo and working on your shooting skills.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts