M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1, The Classifieds § change.

ROE #1 Posting a thread
A minimum of 50 posts are required before you can see a post or thread in the PX/BX sections.

Note, No one or two word posts to increase your post count, if found they will be deleted and maybe a trip to Banned Camp. I'm sending 1-2 members a day to Banned Camp for being a Scammer right out of the blocks.

#2, After serval years of members asking to look behind the curtains, with the secret handshake and special Ring decoder... All Forum Members should be able to see the Politics and Reality Check §'s with >50 posts/threads.

The software happened this afternoon.

XXIV Corps

·
Registered
93 Posts
This is really UNFAIR to the people who joined two to three months ago - and tried to be good citizens and comply by the rules. GUYs like me who participated in the system and dutifully posted the minimum 30 posts in order to be active. Now I find myself with active classified adds up without the ability to access them because someone moved the goal posts.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
This is really UNFAIR to the people who joined two to three months ago - and tried to be good citizens and comply by the rules. GUYs like me who participated in the system and dutifully posted the minimum 30 posts in order to be active. Now I find myself with active classified adds up without the ability to access them because someone moved the goal posts.
You now have above 50 posts so you no longer are subject to the goal post. The whole point of this is to make this a more positive experience for everyone.

There are members that have been here for over ten years and don't make the minimum. I can guarantee they could have had plenty to add to any conversation if they had chosen to. There are plenty of threads across this board that do not require technical brilliance. Even if it's just asking a opinion on a gift or a request for prayers.

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
You now have above 50 posts so you no longer are subject to the goal post. The whole point of this is to make this a more positive experience for everyone.

There are members that have been here for over ten years and don't make the minimum. I can guarantee they could have had plenty to add to any conversation if they had chosen to. There are plenty of threads across this board that do not require technical brilliance. Even if it's just asking a opinion on a gift or a request for prayers.

In the M14Forum rule book, on page 5,462 section 37, subsection 324 (b) - I am referenced as the example of meaningless posts.

·
Registered
69 Posts
More interwebs tyranny. We are better than you and we don't need new members, when read it sounds like this..."fud". That's right, you cant even SEE the forum, not you can't respond, you can't interact, and by the way this is the posting that tells you so, why, because you cant see the the ROE because you cant view the forum! It wont stop the scammers, it will only affect the new members. Members need to "pay their dues?" Give me a break, been a member for 10 years, have conversed off the forum more than on and have interreacted with a lot of members from here on other forums, 30 years in the firearms industry, mentioned in a few books in publication, 11 yrs in law enforcement, Toot Toot, (yes that's my own horn), pay my dues, I have done so. This should be a forum where people can come and learn, interact if they want to. But who am I, to say such. Disregard everything after good morning.

Limiting access to true active members to stop scammers is like screwing to save virginity or outlawing AR-15's to stop crime.

Punishing the many to stop the few.....

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More interwebs tyranny. We are better than you and we don't need new members, when read it sounds like this..."fud". That's right, you cant even SEE the forum, not you can't respond, you can't interact, and by the way this is the posting that tells you so, why, because you cant see the the ROE because you cant view the forum!
Incorrect, the ROE are open all to see in the "New Member Introductions §" since April 2014 TRWSully!

XXIV Corps

Reactions: XM25Ren

·
Eye Master
4,121 Posts
Are people seriously complaining about 50 posts, or are they trying to be funny, and I just have not had enough coffee to see the humor? I understand that due to the high cost of posting, some people struggle to get to 50, but it is not that high a hurdle.

·
Super Moderator
3,756 Posts
Hi Everyone -

Many here will have different perspectives on the new post requirement; however, many have no idea how many scammers try to influence and rip-off our good members everyday. As one of the moderators (after doing my real job each day) I spend unbelievable amounts of time finding and banning scammers mostly late in the evening. In the past, anyone could go to the classifieds and start a post regardless of post count. We had to monitor each post to ensure compliance to the old 30 post count requirement and in many cases transactions took place before the moderators could take action and in many cases our members were scammed and financially impacted.

There is no doubt that if a new member comes aboard and settles into the forum, participates, becomes involved and contributes; the chance of being a scammer is exponentially reduced.

Changes had to be made! Most folks here would make a change if their M14 shot 10 inches to the right, or if you tried something 10 times and you failed you would make a change or if you banged you head against the wall and it really hurt - well maybe you would do something different (what was in place here was not effective).

Lastly, remember the moderators do not make (and can’t make program code changes) we have to rely on the owners (technical staff) as they control the code base and changes ultimately. So you may have simple ideas that could help with the scammers, but running those changes up and getting them implemented takes time and sometimes are not approved.

For those of you that have been around a long time, are good members and do not have 50 posts this may be viewed as negative, but you can participate and get to the required post count. If you leave the forum just due to this change then that is a shame! just actively participate and get to the minimum.

Lastly - remember the moderator staff is a volunteer group and all we want is a good forum for the members. Although this may inconvenience some, I believe this change will help protect our members. I have worked with many members that had financial losses and it is very frustrating when scammers get through and win!

Below is a post that I made a while back in the General Announcements forum which is a good reminder regarding scammers Since we are discussing this topic.

Thanks - M1Army

·
Premium Member
8,579 Posts
Are people seriously complaining about 50 posts, or are they trying to be funny, and I just have not had enough coffee to see the humor? I understand that due to the high cost of posting, some people struggle to get to 50, but it is not that high a hurdle.
This coming from a guy who has 4,073 post!

MORE THAN A HOBBY, A PASSION!

REN

·
Registered
69 Posts
Post 20!!!!, the reality is, it's a punishment for being new or not posting. A punishment that wont deter scamming. Possibly thought up by Gretta Thunberg or AOC or Kamala; maybe even Burney under the tutelage of Soros? Who knows. I will say it again, punishing the mases for the sins of the few.

I am surprised that with the great cost of satire... wait, that wasn't funny either.

·
Registered
10,380 Posts
Great, now I can go and look up all of my posts that got redirected to the Political forum over the last 10 years or so. Who knows, maybe I can actually participate in some of the conversations that I started...naaa, that's not going to happen.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hello,
I can see where there can be some sour grapes in regards too someone being an member (X) amount of years and not having posted 50 times... and being blocked/locked out from viewing the PX&BX in the sub-forums.. Yet, maybe that long tender here, can not be writing into the software? as a "exemption" to the New Rules. IDK
Yet, I do see you long timers gripe. But, I'm not the boss, owner nor a software programmer... I do feel for you. So, get typing boys...

Edit:
RAMMAC, I'm with you on that. I know, I have a few there also...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello,
I can see where there can be some sour grapes in regards too someone being an member (X) amount of years and not having posted 50 times... and being blocked/locked out from viewing the PX&BX in the sub-forums.. Yet, maybe that long tender here, can not be writing into the software? as a "exemption" to the New Rules. IDK
Yet, I do see you long timers gripe. But, I'm not the boss, owner nor a software programmer... I do feel for you. So, get typing boys...

Edit:
RAMMAC, I'm with you on that. I know, I have a few there also...
I concur

1 - 20 of 52 Posts