M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
They just raised the price up from $250 for a TRW Bolt to current price. Also had new Winchester bolts about two months ago.

I ordered a bolt from them a couple of days ago, lets see what she looks like when it get here.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I ordered one(listed for $269.00 then) a couple months ago from US Armory after the Elmer Balance bolt fiasco. It was shown on their website,went into my cart, but the rest of the parts showed up and no bolt. Nothing was said about it on the invoice(ie out of stock,backordered,etc.). Checked the website and it wasn't there anymore,but the reparked Winchester bolts that BrokenVet was talking about was.So I'd email to make sure they have it first. I've ordered many many many M14 and M1 Garand parts from them and they're always USGI, so you don't need to worry about that.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I paid $260.00 last fall for a USGI Springfield M14 complete bolt. The gunsmith had 25 GI Springfield and H&R bolts taken out of N/M M14's. He was asking $275.00 for my choice out of his assortment. I talked him down to $260.00 but the bolt dropped right into battery in my M14, passed the tilt test, with no lug polishing, good lug engagement on left and right sides. I also had the luxuary of trying all 25 of his USGI bolts at my leisure in my rifle and had my pick of the litter. He also threw in two chrome M14 firing pins for free. So if I desperately needed a new TRW bolt I would not let a price tag of $289.00 stop me from buying it. What the heck, the dollar sure ain't what it used to be anyhow...

7th

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Not to ask an idiotic question, but are these things really worth $100 more than an LRB bolt? At what point do you say enoughs enough and start going commercial parts?

I don't think that's an idiot question. GI1 I have a feeling that LRB is going to do very well with their bolts. The reports on them sound great.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Totally legit question. I think it is worth it. LRB's bolt is looking real nice and a very good bolt however I did not like the way it is peening on the pictures. Also I wanted to purchase a TRW bolt so that I have matching parts for my next build (except) for the receiver of course, that is going to be a 7.62mm.

http://m14forum.com/m14/96099-my-new-lrb-bolt-check-out-pic-heavy-3.html

Look at post # 54 & 56

I have been checking out GunBroker for a bolt and they are very expensive there: HRA complete bolt $295 TRW complete bolt $395

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I have bought for usarmory a couple of time. Shipping was a little slow and comunication was lacking. But I did receive what was ordered. I Would call to
confirm stock status before ordering.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Soo. I went back to the site in search of a phone number. None found. I emailed US Armory and a few min ago I received a reply from John. He said that apperantly someone had posted him having bolts on some forum and that now he has twice as many orders as bolts. Bad news. It looks like I was a little to late in purchasing after starting this. Good news he said he should have more in on the 13th.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just an update. Shipping for the bolts is slow. John had to take care of some things. Mine showed up today so if you ordered one you should have it or will soon. I asked if he was going to get any more but did not receive an actual answer. Ill repost if I see or hear that he has more in stock. Also thanks for everyones input/help.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I bought one from them off Ebay several years ago and it was the real deal fresh out of the wrapper for pictures. That was back when things were just starting to heat up with USGI parts, I think I gave $190 delivered for my new TRW bolt.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Is this John/U. S. Armory possibly John R. from I believe Wilmington, NC?
I received an USPS shipping info email about a John R.
I ordered a couple of bolts maybe 8 weeks ago.
Nothing on my credit card yet, but they are slow to update the statement.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Where do all these unissued TRW bolts come from? Why does he get a batch in then says I will be receiving more later next month for example? Not doubting they are what they are, but he must have good source(s)? Just kind of curious how this whole USGI aftermarket works.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.