M14 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A recent acquisition. I’ve noticed guys either love or hate these Carbines, there doesn’t seem to be much middle ground. After running several mags through 3 different rifles over the last month, I’m not really sure what there is to hate....Aside from spending half a day excavating it from petrified cosmolene. The stock seems to have survived pretty well. The leather bayonet handle....not so much. I’m probably just gonna whip another one out on the lathe from maple or walnut, be pretty good for my purposes.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
15,255 Posts
Those are some nice looking rifles you've got there!
Thank you Sir.
Those are a couple of the rifles that were rebuilt by the govt to give to folks returning from the sandbox until higher ups decided not to allow it. Picked them up at Camp Perry from the CMP.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Thank you Sir.
Those are a couple of the rifles that were rebuilt by the govt to give to folks returning from the sandbox until higher ups decided not to allow it. Picked them up at Camp Perry from the CMP.
What is the story on these?

My Inland M1 Carbine that I have now, I have owned a few over the years, some that I really should have kept.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I have five of them and enjoy shooting them. Don't see what's not to like.

I have a Quality HW (Korean re-import), Winchester (CMP), Rock Ola (CMP), Underwood (all original) and an Inland (CMP).

Reactions: Pipestoneinc

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys need to be real careful, those are those dangerous 30 round magazines, you never know what they will do.

John
lol. That's what they say. I'm gonna start a non-profit "extended capacity" Magazine Rescue organization. Everyone can send me all their dangerous and unpredictable high cap mags and I'll make sure they never make it into the wrong hands!

·
Premium Member
15,255 Posts
What is the story on these?

They were called M1 Carbine Specials and have all re-parked or new parts. They look brandy new.

Can only relay what the rumor was at the time. No complaints from me. They are still in the condition that I received them as I have plenty of other carbines to blast away with.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts