M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Garand bug has now given way to the M-14 bug. My latest addition is all TRW with a Fulton Armory receiver. GI1

·
Retired
4,768 Posts
That is definitely one fine looking weapon. Be sure to put plenty of rounds down range. An all TRW build is about as good as it gets.GI1

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice. Very nice! Let us know how she shoots.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Looks like a shooter, TRW that's got the mojo.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Another pumpkin pervert just having fun. Nice build, you did a great job.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
hey, i know TRW M14s were the best but what was the reason for that? the only thing ive heard is that their op rod was made out of one piece and that their bolts were better.

NICE LOOKING RIFLE BY THE WAY! LOOKS SOLID.GI6

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well Done!!!

Very nice sir, my "baby" is an all TRW built on an LRB receiver and yes, cant do much better than all TRW. I wish we had places in Hawaii where we could do ballistics with pumpkins/watermelons!

·
Registered
80 Posts
hey, i know TRW M14s were the best but what was the reason for that? the only thing ive heard is that their op rod was made out of one piece and that their bolts were better.

NICE LOOKING RIFLE BY THE WAY! LOOKS SOLID.GI6
I'm not an expert, but I think the theory behind TRW supremacy is that they manufacture automotive/aircraft parts primarily, and their machining equipment supposedly produced a more precise product. I have my All TRW rifle and Winchester and H&R parts kits that I'll be building on in the future, and all the parts look just as good to me, I think you'd have to use calipers to notice the difference? the only part I know is probably really better is the Op Rod, which is a solid 1 peice forging, WRA,SA and HR all used a 2 piece/welded Op Rod, the only other military contracter to produce a 1 piece Op Rod was SAK I believe.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
I wish we had places in Hawaii where we could do ballistics with pumpkins/watermelons!

Nice lookin' gun!GI6

J. Santana,

U need to come to Maui and shoot at Ukumehame.

We let you shoot it...

But you gotta police up the chunks!GI6

·
Registered
80 Posts

Nice lookin' gun!GI6

J. Santana,

U need to come to Maui and shoot at Ukumehame.

We let you shoot it...

But you gotta police up the chunks!GI6
9th, I'm honored, thats a very generous offer, , I may have to take you up on that someday!MCORPS1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts