M14 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an M1A Loaded version and I would like to get a new stock for it so I could mount a scope and get better accuracy at 300+ yards. I saw the ArchAngel stock and when I tried to get info on it, no one will sell it to NJ, claiming the grip looks too much like a pistol grip. Fricking Jersey!! Which I am fine with. Has anyone used a McMillan M3 A with the adjustable cheek rest? How about the JAE- 100. The JAE has an accessory list a mile long and is very confusing to order. That is why I am leaning towards the M3A. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Welcome from Texas ,thelink12. I have to ask have you even tried it as it came yet? at 100/200/300yds? People often throw the baby out with the bath water. You don't need a new stock to mount a scope , you just need a mount and rings. an ARMS#18, a Sadlak or a Bassett mount will fill that bill. At any rate it's nice to have a baseline to work with before any further "improvements". Check out the tonyben how to stickys here and give yourself a good working knowledge of the rifle. [Do a lot of research, ask questions, research some more, and buy once is the best route I've found

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I haven't shot it yet but I am not too fond of the stock. I don't do to well with that style of stock. I am used to an AR with a pistol grip, I tried to shoot a Rem 700 with a normal stock and I couldn't hit crap. My buddy had a stock on his 700 that looked a lot like the McMillan with a well defined grip for your palm and it was very comfortable. My goal from the beginning was to upgrade the stock and reach out to 2-3 hundred with iron sights and more with a scope.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Try law483.com I'm sure they could build you something legal for jersey that might suit you. If not it's a neat site for ideas there's quite a few there I'd love to have . A lot of people prefer whatever style stock they learned on You shouldn't have any problem achieving your goals

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Introduce yourself on the new users forum here, there's a lot of folks wanting to welcome you to the site, they won't see you here in modern M14's

·
Registered
510 Posts
Welcome from the "Left Coast"!!!! Good luck on your stock hunt. I know what you are talking about when it comes to stocks. I have to leave the pistol grip off of mine when I am in Cali or it is illegal. Luckily for me, I go out of state on a regular basis, so I have ample opportunity to shoot mine....
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is an older picture of mine taken out of state... She now wears a better scope and other items have been changed up/relocated etc.... Guess I need to get some newer pictures next time I am out of state....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Lots of good info and help here. If you do decide on a JAE-100 stock I have a nice gen 2 I'm thinking of parting with, new orders are taking 2+ years for build time from J.Allen right now

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I loved my McMillan MA stock. However you will need to bed the action to the stock if you want to get any kind of consistency. The stock is heavy but if your shooting off rests and not humping that thing around then you should be fine and it will help cut down on felt recoil due to the weight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcomes! So far, the McMillan stocks are the forerunner. I love the JAE G3 and I would definitely be interested in the JAE G2 as well. I like the G3's there are just too many options. I need to call them as well as McMilland and get better informed. I love the McMillan M1A in woodland cammo.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
The Mcmillan is a great way to go, but if your looking at the JAE they come up from time to time over on calguns.net for a pretty good price. I like the McMillan more personally, but I wish I had the one with the internal cheek piece instead of the saddle style. Im sure if I had the internal one I would have never sold mine. Either way let us know if we can help out with any choice you make.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Welcome, you could go with the JAE basic stock with out any acc. and add stuff later as you think about what you want.

Also you might look at the sage stock or the vltor stock, both have pistol grips and niether require bedding, I have the vltor on one of mine and really enjoy shooting it.

I would like to get a McMillan stock someday and bed it to my rifle,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts