M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got this. Left SA on October 17 1986 as a Super Match with Comp Stock bedded, air guaged Heavy Barrel , unitized gas and was worked by Nelson according to their notes on it. I put on the SAI mount, Arms #22 rings and a Bushnell Elite Tactical 4200 series 6-24 X 50.. Also added the leather sling and the leather cheek/chin rest..

All internals are USGI and the rifle seems to not have a lot of rounds through it far as I can tell.

This is my Rifle. There are many like it but this one is Mine..
Rick

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Congrats! Now the fun begins ;-)

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Very nice, I would recommend a better scope mount to take full advantage of her accuracy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am expecting to probably get a High Bassett picatinny mount if the Gen 3 SAI gives me misery.. So far it is fitting nice and tight and I have made a spanner to tighten it down firmly with..

Rick

·
Registered
55 Posts
How is the cheek weld / eye position with that leather pad installed? I've got a Super Match that I've been debating dropping a scope onto so that I can reach out a bit farther than I can with my irons. It's been a toss up for me because I really like the iron sights, but my eyes aren't what they use to be. I've got an 18" Scout model that I've been shooting lately at the shorter ranges. I'm thinking that putting glass on the Super Match might make sense if I can get a mount configuration that works well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.