M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, wasn't expecting that. Finally a scout rifle with a scout scope!

Looks awesome. What sling are you using?
It is an inexpensive nylon one from Allen I believe. (I have 5 or 6 of them for different rifles) Couldn't beat the price as they were only like 12 bux ea.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
What's the serial number range on your scout? Newer or older with GI parts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
optics

What kind of optic and rings are you using on your setup? I have a SOCOM16 that I am optics shopping for currently. I have been going back and forth between Leupold VX-2 1.5-5x28mm IER scope, Bushnell Banner Handgun scope, and the Nikon Force XR 2-8x28mm handgun scope. I have been debating over the Leatherwood Hi-Lux optics variable power scout scope as well, but I am uncertain about it since the price point seems too good to be true, and the reviews seem to be a bit more mixed vs. the Nikon and Leupold.

What have you found?

Also regarding slings, what sling do you find to be the best regarding comfort?

Thank you,

Caesar

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What kind of optic and rings are you using on your setup? I have a SOCOM16 that I am optics shopping for currently. I have been going back and forth between Leupold VX-2 1.5-5x28mm IER scope, Bushnell Banner Handgun scope, and the Nikon Force XR 2-8x28mm handgun scope. I have been debating over the Leatherwood Hi-Lux optics variable power scout scope as well, but I am uncertain about it since the price point seems too good to be true, and the reviews seem to be a bit more mixed vs. the Nikon and Leupold.

What have you found?

Also regarding slings, what sling do you find to be the best regarding comfort?

Thank you,

Caesar
I am using weaver tactical for the rings and current scope is a Nikon force 2.5 to 8.
I had a Leupold scout scope FX II 2.5 x 28 and like the Nikon better.

It was a toss up on putting an Aimpoint or scope on it and the scope won out.

For a sling I am using an Allen nylon one. comfortable and cheap.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Looks great! You have it set up a lot like my Scout is. I went with a 3 point sling because it works really well for hiking with the rifle at ready. I was able to bag a decent buck by having my Scout right in front of me. I was able to pull up and drop him in a split second.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
very nice and a great choice! my favorite bbl length. enjoy and be safe.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Reactions: DMacLeod
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.