M14 Forum banner

New (to me) M1A Loaded

1030 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Airedale
Yesterday I traded my DPMS .308 for a Loaded M1A. The rifle appeared unfired and is LNIB. It's the stainless barrel version. It is 119K serial number range. Anyone know year of production?

I test drove it yesterday evening in the pasture and it is great. If the rain breaks today I hope to zero it.

I am surprised how easily the operating rod disconnects from the bolt on this rifle. The slightest right twist while cocking will disconnect. My Poly isn't nearly this "sensitive".

Are there any parts that should be replaced with USGI?

I really like this rifle.

Dave
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Airdale,
Congradulations on an awesome trade. I have a loaded standard in the 119xxx range and it shoots great. I replaced the rear sight for an NM2A base with hooded appeture. I also put in a Badger NM oprod spring guide, and swapped out the wood stock for a USGI fiberglass, and unitized gas cylinder, and she shoots like the Earth on fire
Congad's again
Shadow

The only part you should replace is the extracter, everything else upgrade as you go :D
Airedale said:
Yesterday I traded my DPMS .308 for a Loaded M1A. The rifle appeared unfired and is LNIB. It's the stainless barrel version. It is 119K serial number range. Anyone know year of production?

I test drove it yesterday evening in the pasture and it is great. If the rain breaks today I hope to zero it.

I am surprised how easily the operating rod disconnects from the bolt on this rifle. The slightest right twist while cocking will disconnect. My Poly isn't nearly this "sensitive".

Are there any parts that should be replaced with USGI?

I really like this rifle.

Dave
Springfield Armory will be happy to do a serial number check and a configuration check when it left the factory. All you have to do is email them.
Warrifles has a thread going on M1A serialization. Mine is 1999 production.

I greased the roller on the bolt and the op rod doesn't disconnect so easily. This rifle was bone dry when I got it and I didn't think to lube that part.

Dave
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.