M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Russian mil spec steel cased ammo seems to be the most plentiful and lowest cost per round right now, I bought an AK-47 style rifle on a whim. Went to the range today and I'm pretty happy with it for a plinker. This one has a pretty light single stage trigger--is that common with AKs? After shooting two stage for so long, it really caught me off guard. Grouped surprisingly well, no sling, seated at the bench. Didn't have nearly as bad as a kick as a lot of you tube videos seem to complain about. I think I'll keep it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Why don't you post some pictures. What kind of AK is it?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The parts kits and ComBlock rifles have gone through the roof with the pandemic craze, so I went with good old USA iron - Palmetto Armory PSAK-47. I got lucky that a few just popped up while I was cruising their website. They sell out so quickly, my first choice sold out before I could finish check out. I got one with the Magpul Zhukov/MOE furniture for the adjustable LOP. With the high demand, the price has already gone up $30 since I bought mine. Very nicely built and surprisingly accurate rifle, but I've only had time to put 20 rounds down the pipe. I'll try to get pictures when things slow down here.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
My AK74 kit rebuild that I bought seems to have a hair trigger too. It's a tapco g2 trigger . Mine was built onto a Nodak Spud receiver. When the kits are rebuilt the builders have to put in after market triggers and a new or US made pistol grip. I'm not sure on the rules but part of that must be related to 922r import regulation and the de-assaultrifleization of the kit.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,208 Posts
Didn't have nearly as bad as a kick as a lot of you tube videos seem to complain about.
AKs don't have a heavy kick, they are a joy to shoot, that must be young people on youtube that don't have that much experience with rifles saying that.

Congrats on getting your AK!
m14brian

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AKs don't have a heavy kick, they are a joy to shoot, that must be young people on youtube that don't have that much experience with rifles saying that.

Congrats on getting your AK!
m14brian
Thanks. Probably folks that started with an AR. My Dad took me straight from a .22 to a Garand and 1903.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've heard those palmetto AKMs are pretty well built. I think there's an FN barrel is that thing. Kind of incredible what they have become as a company. Not to mention their focus on "common usage" over profit. I am pretty well standardized on 30 call myself so I thought hard about getting one but went with the KS47 because I wanted an AR. Still no BHO but I really like it so far. Anyway. Hope it treats you well.

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
When all else fails you will have one hell of a boat anchor. Dont worry its the same thing i say to the FAL group.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts