M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High All,
I am new to the m14 and just got one of warbirds part kits. I would like to get an Armscorp receiver for this build and have found many listings for the receiver. I would like to ask for your input for a reputable source/dealer for the receiver. Thanks, LarryBAB

·
Registered
146 Posts
Instead of going with an Armscorp receiver, which is cast, check out LRB's forged m14 receivers (www.lrbarms.com). I just picked one up and it is really nice. Many people on this board have had rifles built on the LRB receiver by Smith Enterprise and West Texas Ord. with very good results.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Larry,

You can get Armscorp receivers at Numrich for $379.95.

The LRB receivers are very nice IMHO (I have 2), but they are nearly twice as expensive at $669.

GL!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Quagmire made good point about the cost of armscropusa price. I have a preban armscrop all H&R parts Douglas barrel it has never let me down shoots better than me. Some are Kicking armscrop lately but if call them early on monday you will get someone or e-mail them. Fulton Armory said armscrop don't make there receveir's but I have been told they do. But it's your money and can spend it like you feel to LRB beening 300.00 more I would think about it springfeild receveir's are cast as well. To me one is good as the other. LRB are nice and getting the most talk from everyone for the time beening.

·
Banned
354 Posts
It may be truly a money call. You would have a hard time convincing me that a rifle that is not being used in combat needs a forged reciever. That is not to say that they are not the best but no one is shooting full auto. I have a SA forged reciever on my M1A (Of course) and I have run ammo through that thing like shelled corn and it never misses a beat. It feeds perfectly. It acts just like the USGI rifle. The rifle shoots better than I do. Heres another question----> when is the last time you saw a SA reciever fail? BUT - Its your decision, Don't get a cast one and later kick yourself in the ass for not going forged. Make this the first and last decision...... Good luck ........Glad you joined the forum

·
Registered
126 Posts
If I were in your shoes, I'd also check out Fulton Armory's deal. They have a special price that includes barreling up their receiver with your parts, and headspacing. I think this is a really good deal. Then you can finish her off. Good Luck!

·
Banned
2,159 Posts
Price is only one thing to think about.
There's been a previous thread about cast receivers being as strong as forged.There's nothing wrong with either if they're made right.

Armscorp retail $429
Spfld retail $549
LRB $899
Fulton retail ?

Considering most if not all have a lifetime warranty,it's not hard to choose.

warbird

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.