M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's up everybody, I was recently handed down a Springfield M1A model # 018xxx. 1st question, how old is this rifle? 2nd was thinking about upgrading sum things, but not sure were to start (extractor/stock/scope/ect) any advise in the matter would be much appreciated...thanx...

·
Registered
250 Posts
First off, welcome!
The best advice I can give is.....Dig,Dig, Dig.
There is a ton of information to be found by using the search feature. Born on date? G.I. part numbers? Stocks, scopes, ammo? It's all there. Read as much as you can before you start tinkering, however. If you can't find the answer, by all means ask. Many times we all learn by someone elses questionMCORPS1

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, Numskull78, would we kid you about a thing like that? GI2GI2 I am sure you will enjoy the forums and being here with us, have fun.

-

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Welcome aboard sir,

You can call the good folks at Springfield and ask them when your rifle was made.
Also scroll down to the "M14 Reference Section" here and look in the "M14/M1A Research Data Center" for threads with serial numbers and born on dates. It will give you a ball park for your rifle.
I tried to post a direct link to the thread but my darn computor won't cooperate......GI3

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Untold hours of research await you, have fun.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum and congrats on new rifle ! we know you will enjoy both!

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U. S. ARMY VET

"All gave some but some gave ALL"

·
Registered
564 Posts
Welcome

Welcome aboard!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts