M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, I'm new the the High Power scene, January starts High Power and Garand Matches at my club. I'm looking for places to get a good shooting glove. Any suggestions? Other things I may need/want besides ears, eyes and the norm? Thanks,
XMX

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hey gang, I'm new the the High Power scene, January starts High Power and Garand Matches at my club. I'm looking for places to get a good shooting glove. Any suggestions? Other things I may need/want besides ears, eyes and the norm? Thanks,
XMX
Some suppliers who specialize in competetive shooting gear are:

--Champion's Choice
--Champion Shooter's Supply
--Creedmoor Sports

All have web sites and I've had good luck with all three outfits.

I always used a mit rather than a glove - more padding and extends farther up the wrist/forearm.

Regards

Jim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

I've been trying to get on the Creedmoor site all day, but cant connect..Stupid Gov't firewall!!! I'll try again from home tonight.XMX

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
All those places have some good gloves. Do advise you to not be afraid to get the glove size a little larger than what you would normally. I still use the cheap Creedmoor glove but it is really falling apart after about 5 years.

A glove is best for most people for all the positions. There are those who use a mitt for standing but it may not work for you depending on how you hold the rifle. I use a full glove for standing and a fingerless glove for sitting and prone. Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Do not forget that you need an empty chamber flag. You can get them from the CMP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts