M14 Forum banner

New Tiger!

1510 11
Aloha,

Dperr shot me a few pics that I thought would make a great post... please let Darrel know what you think of his new tiger striped stock... I really liked it...

Great job Dperr!!!

Aloha,

Tom O.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
New Tiger

Pre WWII,

Your stock looks awesome! Something to be proud of.

To all of you who commented on my project, I would like to thank you very much for your kind replies. It's very much appreciated.

Once again, I'd like to thank Tom for his efforts in letting others see what I've been up to. He's one of the really good guys and I'm proud to call him my friend. Thanks Tom!

Darrell
dperr

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Darrell,

You and TomR have really got some nice looking stocks there... I can't believe how nice and smooth you both got your stocks to appear.

I got some nice wood but full of dings and gouges. I will be watching your work very closely... 8O

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Tiger Hunt

SO2315,

When I do a stock, I strip it with "Easy Off", then sand lightly with 100, 150 and 220 grit sandpaper followed by "0" and "0000" steel wool. I then use eight coats of Pure Tung oil. I follow up with four or five coats of Carnauba wax to give a satin, low luster finish. Seems to work well.

Darrell

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.