M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up a NIB Stag 6.8SPC off the Exchange forum and have dies, shell holder and mags on the way so I can load up some ammo. I have decided on small primer brass for the higher pressures that it allows. I have several pounds of IMR 4895 that I use in my M1A/M1Garand/AR's. Does anyone have any favorite loads using this powder?

With the upper I got several upgrades that weren't stated; a Trijicon tritium front sight, a barrel mounted front sling swivel and a lower handguard picatinny rail. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. GI1

Now I just have to decide what upper to put it on! I'm also working on a Rock River Arms .458 SOCOM, but due to some B.O. feedramps I'm having to send it ( and the six others that I sold to coworkers) back to Rock River for repairs. I was surprised with the lack of QC on these uppers! GI8

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
.458 SOCOM uppers back.

The Rock River .458 SOCOM uppers came back today. All seven had the barrel inserts and bolts replaced. The guy that I was dealing with at Rock River, said, 'Huh, we didn't think any of those made it out of the factory' and chuckled.

I must say that I am disappointed with the lack of QC at some of the vaunted, 'premier' manufacturers these days. What ever happened to pride in workmanship?

I had thought at the very least RR could have given us some complimentary hats or patches or something for the inconvenience. I guess giving them the opportunity to repair the uppers, which should have been right the first time, is our reward. GI9

1 - 2 of 2 Posts