M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Can you post info on how you checked for concentricity.

It will help other users who choose to use a spline mounted adapter instead of a dc adapter.

Incorrect installation could cause damage I would think.

If you have to send off a suppressor for repair does it go back to jail when they send it back?

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,605 Posts
Just finished assembly of all the adapters and such. Hoping to get a range report this week.
I know that we are all looking forward to hearing about it Planoguy. Good looking rig...

DI5

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you post info on how you checked for concentricity.

It will help other users who choose to use a spline mounted adapter instead of a dc adapter.

Incorrect installation could cause damage I would think.

If you have to send off a suppressor for repair does it go back to jail when they send it back?
Certainly... With a bore light /flashlight facing from the chamber to muzzle, the concentric appearance is what you're looking for. If all is not centered, something might be out of alignment with either the threads or muzzle device.

I took another couple out yesterday and mounted on a Colt 901 .308 and another on a 5.56 and let me tell you, that was easy compared to the M1a conversion. My largest concern will be tuning the Schuster plug which isn't noticeable in the pic.

Also, I picked up some sub sonics, and at least in the 901, that was surreal and very hard to comprehend. I mean, it's very weird to know you've just slung a .308 down range (albeit a slow one) and literally all you heard was the hammer. Gotta cycle manually but hey, some folks pay big buck for straight pull bolt actions right!

·
Registered
965 Posts
I am so jealous............ordered mine thru The Silencer Shop in March.

How'd it do with full power ammo? My Armscorp sports a Tim Bixler
MK23 and it's dead quiet with Federal 168 GMM. The Specwar should
handle the full power stuff with ease in 308.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am so jealous............ordered mine thru The Silencer Shop in March.

How'd it do with full power ammo? My Armscorp sports a Tim Bixler
MK23 and it's dead quiet with Federal 168 GMM. The Specwar should
handle the full power stuff with ease in 308.
Congrats to you bud! I begun process 1/13/14 sooo approx 6mos. Check their website for status if you're getting fidgety. I picked up in person at Silencershop a couple weeks ago. Cool concept and really good guys (not to mention another TX small business).

And yes sir, the Specwar's seem to be doing the job just fine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
silencershop is definitely a great place to deal with. I used the delta p on my socom wit the schuster plug and it was easy enough to tune. my only issue is that my poi shift was really big. good luck and share how it shoots.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Any problems with gas blow back? I know that is a problem with some silenced weapons (Mainly AR's) but have not talked with anyone that has had a suppressed M1A.

Eddard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.