M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a slightly used Socom 16 with 5 CMI mags and the stock 10 rounder. I'm super excited to shoot it but I could only afford 20 rounds plus the gun! Now I'm saving for ammo and a few choice upgrades from Sadlak. I've already taken it apart twice and cleaned and re-greased it and I'm busy trying to figure out how to use a model 1907 sling! I've owned many handguns over the years and a bunch of .22 rifles but this is my first major caliber rifle! I'm looking forward to learning a lot!

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your new purchase. It looks like you've got a good starter pack there. If you're looking to learn, you came to the right place.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NorCal. You will find years of info in the threads here and a great group of folks willing to help with problems when they come up. Congratulations on the new rifle and keep us posted on how she shoots when you finally make it to the range.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome and good choice for a starter! You'll be glad you chose an M1A, after your third or fourth you may begin to rethink it though, they're addicting!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.