M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got in my new SOCOM16 and found that for the kind of shooting I want to do she would need a new dress as the synthetic was not likely to do it. I had already liked the look of Walnut but had heard Birch was usually a bit stronger and less likely to chip or crack. M1Army spotted a post of mine and said he had some USGI stocks for sale and truth is I had seen a thread before with pics and liked his work. To shorten it up the sale went perfect and I have some initial pics here. It's raining today and there is not good light for proper pics but I'll post what I have given the circumstances and update later.

Thank You Wes, my SOCOM has a very nice new dress, a "Big Red" in Birch finished in "Sniper Green" RNGR1

Correction, I need to find a site to host my pics so it'll be a bit still.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I put my Socom in a mottled birch stock I picked up from the PX. It gives it a more serious look than the black plastic.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
You should of known that anything laying on a horrid PINK sheet is gonna look really bad. LOL! Who picked that anyway.... Mrs lcpiper?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have a Commercial Stock I bought from flipmasterj for my SOCOM. As my cats say; SOCOMs in a beautiful wooden stock is the Cat's Meow. Yes, they really say that. :>)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
She's a beauty, you gonna remove the Socom mount/handguard & use the black one that came with the stock?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
She's a beauty, you gonna remove the Socom mount/handguard & use the black one that came with the stock?
I am planning on adding a Nikon Force XR EER scope and already have bought a M14.CA SHG for it. I need to mount the handguard and make sure it clears the stock properly, then on to the scope.

But the black USGI handguard is a beauty as well. M1Army didn't skimp one bit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.