M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered one from R-Guns, to be shipped end of the month, $950. Wonder what it will look like? Have SAI, 7.62mm and Fulton now and an LRB on order. Is there a 12 step program to stop the maddness?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Think of yourself as being an active supporter of economic recovery and all of a sudden it makes sense. If it makes sense it can't be madness, can it? YIKES1

·
Registered
708 Posts
Sure hope they all get along?

·
Super Moderator
11,505 Posts
Step 1- Buy SEI receiver
Step 2-Buy NM parts kit with traditional stock (Heavy wood or McMillan)
Step 3-send kit to be built by a top gunsmith
Step 4-Buy LRB M25 receiver
Step 5-Buy parts kit with JAE stock and expensive optics.
Step 6-Send kit to be built by gunsmith other than the one in step 3
Step 7-Buy 762mm receiver
Step 8-Buy parts kit with SAGE stock
Step 9-Send parts kit to gunsmith other than listed in steps 3 & 6
Step 10-Buy SAI receiver
Step 11-Buy an 18" barrelled parts kit
Step 12-Send parts kit to be assembled by gunsmith other than in steps 3, 6 & 9. Add additional steps with the last step to add additional steps. You will need these steps to add optics, reloading equipment, shooting jackets, spotting scopes, ammo etc....

I hope this was the 12 steps you were looking for...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered a standard receiver. My greatest problem is leftover parts, one extra pin or spring and I have to build a whole gun just to use them up. I guess 12 steps could be 12 guns?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Step 3-send kit to be built by a top gunsmith
Step 6-Send kit to be built by gunsmith other than the one in step 3
Step 9-Send parts kit to gunsmith other than listed in steps 3 & 6
Step 12-Send parts kit to be assembled by gunsmith other than in steps 3, 6 & 9.
Pretty sure buying all the tools and learning to do it yourself is:

a) cheaper
b) more fun

:)

·
Registered
266 Posts
I tried purchasing the SEI receiver from Rguns but they don't sell to California...

dont know what I like less California or back water yokels that dont sell to Cali because its... well, California.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I tried purchasing the SEI receiver from Rguns but they don't sell to California...

dont know what I like less California or back water yokels that dont sell to Cali because its... well, California.
Buy it and have it shipped to Southern Michigan Arms and then have Chuck ship it to you in Crime-a-fornia. Extra cost, sure, but if you want it, you want it. Also, I can't fault people for acting out against this state. I've reached that level too. And I've lived here all my life.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.