M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I would welcome leads on USGI equipment: rifles, or parts. I would like to buy or build a match-quality M14/M1A, although not restricted to the CMP regs.

Testimonials for your preferred M14 armorers and M1A gunsmiths is also welcome, as is guidance based upon your own lessons learned. I'm still learning who's who, and your feedback would help.

Me? I grew up shooting, competed small-bore in high school, making Expert along the way. I hunted with a "one-hole" .270Win M70. And I discovered pistols much later; I'm still gunning for the P100.

Now the pendulum is swinging back to rifles, and, in addition to a CMP-legal .22 Service Rifle, I would also like to get one of Garand's latest design. I appreciate your help.

Thank you,
-Kirk

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
SAI Loaded or NM model. Easier and cheaper than building your own. USGI parts are sky high and barrels, bolts, and parts have dried up recently. Also the warranty and service is incredible. Makes it worry free.

Just my 2 cents.

If your wallet is big and you want USGI parts, then buy a Fulton receiver and build it up.

Reactions: XM25Ren

·
Registered
459 Posts
SAI Loaded or NM model. Easier and cheaper than building your own. USGI parts are sky high and barrels, bolts, and parts have dried up recently. Also the warranty and service is incredible. Makes it worry free.

Just my 2 cents.

If your wallet is big and you want USGI parts, then buy a Fulton receiver and build it up.
+1

and if USGI is your goal call Jon Wolfe at M14parts - he is a sponsor(has a forum) here - speak to him about a build.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts