M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the Scout Squad out this morning. I sighted it in at 25yrds then headed off to the 200 yard range. The first few shots went low and right so I re-adjusted the sights. After that most of the rounds went into the center of mass on the target. I was using PVRI ammo and accuracy seems to be in the 2.5 MOA range. I'm not the best shot and the rifle is new to me so this is an educated guess. The rifle was extreamly handy geting in and out of the car. That extra 4" off makes a big difference in that regard. It is also louder to the shooter than a bolt action rifle(ask me how I know). I figured it would not be very loud like a Mosin, but boy was I wrong!

I do not know what is with my sights, but the rear sight is up 22 clicks from bottom for a 200 yard zero. I'm not flintching. Anyone else have a high rear sight?

I definately like the Scout Squad. It is a great rifle that is very handy and looks really good. If you're thinking about getting one, get it.

· Registered
387 Posts
From what I remember here I have a higher rear sight on mine as well.
The front sight is higher also compared to the 22 inchers.

Also you see it a lot, I almost went the route of changing out my compensator on the barrel. Glad I did not. It is very effective but yes louder, part of that is the 18 inch barrel.

Your choice on taking off the scout mount or not. But if you do save it, you might change mind to add something or not.

These are some of my personal preferences.

Interesting you mentioned the stock you have being finish vs your friends who's is not. I fit into the unfinished stock too so you did good there!

· Registered
1,042 Posts
sounds like you have keeper in the accuracy department. I have the standard model and my rifle case is also the shooting mat. a nice set up for sure. enjoy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.