M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having gone through 2, SWFA SS 6x42 scopes with miserable results, I'm going to the range today with new mounted Kahles 2.2 x 9 x42 with Bassett mount. My last range session with spotter was me shooting consistent head shots with irons at 200 yd's benched and all over the paper but still m.o.m at same distance. Portuguese 147 gr.(yes the Bassett remained tight). I've also routed out the front end of the stock so to have nothing touching gas. We'll see. Wish me luck. Range report tomorrow.

·
Registered
637 Posts
After having gone through 2, SWFA SS 6x42 scopes with miserable results, I'm going to the range today with new mounted Kahles 2.2 x 9 x42 with Bassett mount. My last range session with spotter was me shooting consistent head shots with irons at 200 yd's benched and all over the paper but still m.o.m at same distance. Portuguese 147 gr.(yes the Bassett remained tight). I've also routed out the front end of the stock so to have nothing touching gas. We'll see. Wish me luck. Range report tomorrow.
What kind of issues did you have with the Super Sniper scopes? I have considered ordering one down the road...thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had a SWFA SS 10x42. The glass was so-so, not a clear as I would have liked. The turrets lacked positive clicks. The parallax adjustment failed (broke). I sent the scope in to SWFA and they replaced it with a new scope. The new scope still had the so-so glass and sloppy turrets. I ended up selling mine.

If you want good glass you have to spend the money!

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Swfa

This is not intended to knock SWFA. Just a report on my personal experience with two scopes. The 1st 6x42 SS I received from SWFA was check on an Artillery collimator, it had spherical aberration, chroma and edge distortion. Wouldn't shoot worth a damn either. I returned the scope to SWFA with letter and was sent another. I was consistently shooting tighter groups with irons than with the scope the 2nd scope. With a little arm twisting, but to their credit, I rec'd a full refund. Lesson? unless your really lucky, you gotta pay to play. Am now using a Kahles. The difference is night and day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts