M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All

Looking to put a new Sage EBR on my new loaded M1a. The ad from clyde armory says it wont fit a lugged reciever from Springfield. Not really sure what that means and if it will fit my rifle. Can someone help me with this. Want to make sure all my ducks are in a row b4 i pull the trigger. Thanks for all the input in advance.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Hey All

Looking to put a new Sage EBR on my new loaded M1a. The ad from clyde armory says it wont fit a lugged reciever from Springfield. Not really sure what that means and if it will fit my rifle. Can someone help me with this. Want to make sure all my ducks are in a row b4 i pull the trigger. Thanks for all the input in advance.
They mean a "rear-lugged" receiver

Receiver without a rear lug (which is what you have if you got a loaded)

Receiver with a rear lug

You're good to go.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
What does a rear lug do that a non rear lugged receiver doesn't do?
Provides additional rigidness in a wood/fiberglass stock for added consistency. It's the same idea behind glass bedding.

By making the rifle more rigid, you reduce the impact that "human factors" (grip location, grip intensity, stock flexion from grip pressure, etc) have on the rifle.

The whole point of the Sage chassis (aside from the ability to add rails, adjust LOP/Comb, and have a pistol grip) is that you lock the receiver into a slightly thicker frame and bolt the Op-Rod guide block into the chassis, making everything behind the Op-Rod guide block completely rigid and everything in front of the Op-rod guide block free floated. This dramatically improves the consistency of the rifle from shot to shot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.