M14 Forum banner

new SA ma9103

998 6
i,ve been looking around for a post ban SA, just a shooter to compliment my natl match. wanted a GI barrel and most GI parts, but couldnt find one under 1500.00 around here, most were pre-bans.
so i find this SA in a shop, chrome bore, birch stock. the guy runs a very nice shop but strictly retail, my efforts to dissassemble were no good.
ok $1035. out the door. pick it up, get it home and pull it down,,,,got to be one of the tightest fit birch i've seen (very crisp dod and circle p), had to smack the stock a few times to pull the action. winchester barrel dated feb of 63, GI oprod spring guide (kmt), NM front sight (.062), SA bolt, op rod, and trigger group (very nice pull with crisp let off).
to say the least, i was pleased with the winny barrel.
the hunt is on for GI parts. the loaded coupon that came with it lists a GI barrel for 69.00 bucks. thats about all i'de buy off it.
what do you guys think?

shot
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi shotgun I believe that SA GI bbl's are all gone by this time but , it's worth calling SA cause , $69 is a good price if they have it in stock...
Good buy $1035OTD.... 8)

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like ya did fairly well sir ... :wink:

Nothin' to be ahsamed about on that purchase for sure ... :D

Now ya gotta give us a range report when ya wag that puppy to your favorite shootin' hole ... :wink:

Have fun ... Congrats and Enjoy!

Six

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just noticed the date on the headspace hang tag ,, 10/14/03,,
bought this rifle on 11/01/03 . seems awfully fast to be headspaced at the factory, inventoried, and then shipped to a dealer for retail sale.
the dealer may have had ordered it for stock and was waiting for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.