M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out new M1A rifles at my local gun shop. The new SA M1A stocks appear to be made out of some sort of rubberized material. There is very little tension between the stock ferrule and the barrel band.

Has anyone fired the new M1A with the rubberized stock ? How was the accuracy ? Were you able to do anything to the new stock to make the rifle more accurate ?

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
I have not gotten to fire one. However, I have handled dozens of them. They feel like the stock tupperware type stocks that come on most factory rifles these days ie; savage, rem synthetics. Those can all benefit from bedding carbon arrow shafts in the forend to stiffen them up. Not sure if there is room in the forends of the m1a stocks for this mod though.hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
stock

I have two,of the new stock model's,i put unitzed gas valves on both which gave the tension needed,plus i finally got groups.before they where all over the place.But i really like the feel of the stock.I'm happy with them.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have two,of the new stock model's,i put unitzed gas valves on both which gave the tension needed,plus i finally got groups.before they where all over the place.But i really like the feel of the stock.I'm happy with them.
This is exactly what I needed to know.

Thanks !

·
Registered
12 Posts
stock

I used sai unitized gas valves,got them from midway usa for 108 bucks,seems they are shorter in size.The front band flopped around pretty much on both,even shims did not help accuracy.I guess i did not have enough tension.But the unitized gas valves from sai solved that problem.Both guns shoot tight groups .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts