M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone saw this. I am somewhat open to the idea of it being a fan of the 9mm Shield already and also that I want a .45 pistol that is reliable. The issue I foresee is it being difficult to shoot consistently due to the small frame and bigger caliber being fired. I am not a fan of the .40 Shield at all due to it being rather snappy for me and I do not get the groups that I can with my 9mm Shield. In Smiths release video it seems to have a whole bunch of recoil when they are shooting it.

What are your thoughts on this? I personally am going to wait for some reviews before I buy.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...80153_757781_757781_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

[ame]https://youtu.be/eCU8wY06V7g[/ame]

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
It's a carry gun that packs some punch... probably not your best choice if tiny groups are your goal but once you get comfortable with how it points and shoots, I'm sure it will put down a bad guy rather handily. I like my 9mm shield (gritty trigger notwithstanding), so I am sure a fellow who wants .45 acp tucked inside his waistband could do much worse than this option.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
This has been on my want list for a long time.

If it is executed as nicely as the current 9mm & 40 short&weak Shields, I will definitely be getting one.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I would tend to think recoil would be brisk, but manageable as long as you are not running 230 grain +P's. I have a Springfield XDs 45 which would be very similar in size to this and it's quite manageable with Hornady Critcal Defense 185's; it's just this side of painful with 230 +P. No matter how you cut it, it will recoil more than a 9. I find that the time to recover and make addition shots with my XDs and the 185's is very similar to my Kahr CM9 recovery time when I'm shooting 124 +P. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Interesting. I have an M&P 45C that I like a lot, I just wish it was smaller. I bought a Glock G26 for my EDC, but I wish it was thinner. I am just about ready to look at the Shield lineup, because I don't like Glock's ergonomics. The M&P is light years ahead of the Glock in that regard. One disadvantage to the S&W .45 Auto pistols is that there are hardly any aftermarket gizmos for them - if one feels the need. Plenty for the 9s and .40s, not so much for the .45. I suppose that's because S&W probably sells far more of the 9s and .40s.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Appreciate the replies. Thanks!

I kinda cringe just a bit at the grip pattern but, seeing how I can transition between Glock to Shield 9 with no issues I dont forsee it being one.....I hope. lol

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have a little live afair with my 9mm. I have to say if one comes up for ppt I'll take a serious look. Who knows. They might even make a ca version.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Meh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.