M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went looking for the new Ruger magazine as above, thinking they would be very hard to find, but I either got lucky or the absence of .22 rounds from the normal market is having an effect on the arms themselves. Anyway, ended up with a variation I didn't even know existed, the conjoined twin version: two 25 rnd mags molded to work back-to-back without the use of tape or whatever- but also not separable. I'm hoping there are no unforeseen major disadvantages to the setup, and also hoping the ammo comes back on the market soon. In a reasonable way I mean. Anyway, steel lips, Ruger quality control, these mags do have a lot going for them. Not price (2 mags, $60), but everything else I can think of.

Reactions: OldDoc

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To be clear, this link describes in detail the magazine I'm talking about, the BX-25x2 . It's also the only mention of it I could easily find on the www, but the concept seems like a great idea to me. And, as the guy who sold it to me said, it only takes two months of rationed .22LR buying to fill it once! (Can't leave that one alone I guess.)

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1481781

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I got a couple of them from a local that were new in the box . $50 for both of them. Said he was getting out of the .22 game as the ammo situation was to aggravating.

I shoot them in a Ruger American bolt action. Bolt actions being a little slower to operate, It takes me awhile to empty the mags..BGRIN1

Luckily I loaded up on .22 over the years, more notably in the late 90's when I saw the prices slowly rising.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts