M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this over at perfect union a while back.
A new rifle in perfect condition and scaled to size of cartridge in 556mm .223 caliber a mini Garand and or a rifle same as above a true scaled down m1a in same calibers.
Some thing with the ar mags and m1a sights etc.
I believe a lot of folks would buy a scaled down m1a,and i do not mean a mini 14. Got plenty of exp with that thang.
The talk of the DM ,and contacting mfgs made me think of it.
My health and all that really limits my shooting and I like the small cartridge. Ideas? :idea:

·
Super Moderator
12,078 Posts
I posted a simular question here a long time(over a year) ago about chambering a M1A in .223 . The barrel is the easy part but the bolt/op-rod and good mags is another issue. But you said a shrunk down version in scale I personaly think that it would be way cool, why .223 why stop there.
.17hmr and make it 1/4 scale but I think this is wishfell thinking(pipe dream) unless I win the lotto, there is a company that does make mini weapons but there name and website escapes me?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rifle

Specially the folks in California who are restricted.
May be we can git the Taiwan people that bought all that govt machineary to build m14s will take the job? lol But I would like to see it

·
Registered
980 Posts
How about a scaled down version in .22LR to cut down on the cost of ammo for practicing and to train junior shooters on? Its hard to beat .22LR in terms of cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.